• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

So Cal idiots on 462.700 Kevin Bondy repeater

Status
Not open for further replies.

prcguy

Listening to GMRS this week in So Cal I came across the usual pack of complete morons on 462.700 with some very foul language and their typical 1st grade mentality conversations. Then I hear them discussing using an input frequency for this repeater of 467.525MHz, which is not even in the GMRS band.

Monitoring 467.525, sure enough there they are blabbing away and they are coming out on 462.700. Then they mention the repeater is owned and operated by Kevin Bondy (see here: https://apps.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-13-199A1.pdf) and the input frequency they are using is licensed and used by "The Oaks" mall in So Cal, which is the subject of Kevin Bondy's previous jamming.

It now appears that Kevin Bondy is continuing to jam The Oaks mall by giving his clueless buddies access to his repeater via the same input frequency used by The Oaks, thereby jamming The Oaks.

I don't think anybody could make this stuff up its so twisted. The FCC imposed a $24,000 fine on Bondy for willful and repeated jamming in the past and I guess he didn't learn anything from that.
prcguy

KC4RAF

Davenport,Fl.- home to me and the gators and the s
Since this is a civil matter, he can and will continue to do as he wishes. I agree that he is a moron along with his buddies. Wish that the laws were more punitive, but it isn't.
He can continue to deny them inspection of his vehicle, home, what have you; but what can they do? Absolutely nothing.

prcguy

I don't know if Bondy ever paid the $24,000 forfeiture and listening to the guy makes me think he's never made $24k in his entire life. At some point the FCC turns these cases over to a judge and the judge orders him to pay. If he doesn't then he can get locked up for a separate offense.
prcguy

Since this is a civil matter, he can and will continue to do as he wishes. I agree that he is a moron along with his buddies. Wish that the laws were more punitive, but it isn't.
He can continue to deny them inspection of his vehicle, home, what have you; but what can they do? Absolutely nothing.

riccom

Upstate S.C.
Premium Subscriber
so he has to pay $24,000 and still is doing this, he is something of a special kind of stupid huh!

cmdrwill

Keven has not paid any fine, or does he plan to pay any fine(s), as he told me at one swapmeet. And he continues to think the FCC can not do any thing to him. So he continues to do what he wants to do. Sad, Keven IS good at fixing radios.

" he is something of a special kind of stupid ", no just very arrogant.

The GMRS'ers on 467.525 do not even bother the Oaks Mall anyway.

Last edited:

bharvey2

We've got a ding-a-ling here in the Bay Area that might give him a run for his money. He shows up on GMRS, CB and ham bands, reeling on in drunken tirades. I'm thinkin' Git'mo....

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know the owner of the site where the repeater is? This happened around my area years ago and the repeater went off the air pretty quick once the site owner heard what was happening. This fellow seems like he has a good site and he does this with it? A moron indeed ! I'm sure there some other law abiding repeater owners that could use his spot at the site.

KC4RAF

Davenport,Fl.- home to me and the gators and the s
It may be, "Sad, Keven IS good at fixing radios." But to blatantly jam others from using their licensed frequencies is wrong. And then to ignore the fines is just mind boggling. I will lay odds, that he will not pay any fine(s), nor do any jail time.
What is his gripe with the Oaks' Mall?

prcguy

I would not call that arrogant, Kevin Bondy appears to be on the low end of extremely stupid if he blatantly does these things and it can all be traced back to him. Plus the others on that repeater are only a notch or two above king stupid by not only using the illegal input Bondy has provided, but also using their GMRS call signs on the illegal input.

Dos anyone know who the guy is on that repeater with what sounds like MDC signaling and the constant ethnic rants and racial slurs?
prcguy

Keven has not paid any fine, or does he plan to pay any fine(s), as he told me at one swapmeet. And he continues to think the FCC can not do any thing to him. So he continues to do what he wants to do. Sad, Keven IS good at fixing radios.

" he is something of a special kind of stupid ", no just very arrogant.

The GMRS'ers on 467.525 do not even bother the Oaks Mall anyway.

n1das

We've got a ding-a-ling here in the Bay Area that might give him a run for his money. He shows up on GMRS, CB and ham bands, reeling on in drunken tirades. I'm thinkin' Git'mo....
Reminds me of a legendary and long time pest on CB, GMRS, VHF marine, and 2m ham in the Nashua NH area. I was one of his local targets on GMRS because I did a pretty good job of ignoring him on the air and not giving him the attention he wanted. Friends of mine and I were using DCS/DPL on GMRS and he only had CTCSS/PL. He was desperately trying to find the "tone" we were using and it absolutely drove him nuts that he couldn't find it. He ranted about it on the air and saying that we were "non-compliant" to his PL tone (192.8 Hz) and we were required to obtain his written permission to use the channel. LOL. We were all GMRS licensed and he was not. He was unsuccessful at chasing us off the GMRS primary channel he claimed to "own". The 2m simplex freq he also claimed to "own" was 10 kHz away from the output of a local DMR repeater on the DMR-MARC network and the sound of undecoded raw data drove him nuts too.

He was a pest on the air in the Nashua NH area for the past 18 years and the FCC has dealt with him a few times over the years. The problem eventually solved itself because he is now a Silent Key (SK).

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cmdrwill

I would not call that arrogant,
Dos anyone know who the guy is on that repeater with what sounds like MDC signaling and the constant ethnic rants and racial slurs?
prcguy

I am not a English Major, so that is why I used arrogant, seemed to fit. I doubt 'stupid' is correct either, Bullheaded maybe. Kinda hard to describe, ....

Maybe the MDC 'guy' is the right reverend Robert .. and sounds intoxicated at times.
Many users have MDC enabled on their part 90 Motorola radios.

prcguy

No, this guy is never intoxicated but he seems somewhat technical and very arrogant. He also has a serious problem with Hispanics, African Americans, Jews and basically anyone who is not just like him, whatever that is.
prcguy

I am not a English Major, so that is why I used arrogant, seemed to fit. I doubt 'stupid' is correct either, Bullheaded maybe. Kinda hard to describe, ....

Maybe the MDC 'guy' is the right reverend Robert .. and sounds intoxicated at times.
Many users have MDC enabled on their part 90 Motorola radios.

RFI-EMI-GUY

Someone should call one of the useful idiots on landline or GMRS simplex and inform them that they have been duped into Bondy s little scam

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
It has been discussed by the users, but considering users with 100-500 watt amps, 250% deviated audio (modulate this up!), rewired CB mics, the endless "my big radio", etc., I find it hard to believe they care about rules.

quarterwave

Why not just whip the guy's a$$? Is he a big guy?

There was a time when men were men and sheep were scared.

n1das

The correct term is not 'arrogant' or 'stupid', but scofflaw.
It is possible for someone to be arrogant, stupid, and a scofflaw at the same time.

Maybe they should simply be reported to the FCC and let the FCC handle it from there.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.