• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

New Repeater in Los Angeles!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bb911

And guess who it's owned by. Kevin Bondy.

462.725 100 pl

Enjoy!

Another Kevin? Kevin Bondy sounds benign compared to Kevin Mitnick. Mitnick was a hacker and a licensed ham who lived in the L.A. area -- 1980's+. He frequented a few 2m repeaters including 147.435. He hacked into phone company computers (as a young rookie hacker), which enabled him to turn off ham radio operator's telephones.

He did prison time for hacking. FCC revoked his ham license for his hacking crimes -- nothing ham radio related. He hired an attorney and got his license back. He says that it cost him $16,000 in attorney fees.

For more on his ham radio license activities: Former Computer Hacker Kevin Mitnick gets Amateur Radio License Back:

For what he's up to now: Google "Kevin Mitnick" ( 2,250,000 results with the " ").

kj6psg

An earlier conversation I heard on 625 Wilson mentioned that Kevin put it on 725 to intentionally interfere with a San Diego repeater, while on 725 I heard it was put on that specific frequency/tone so some users wouldn't have to reprogram their Motorolas.

Yep, it's more spillage from the 625/600 repeaters. Those two have been getting jammed for the past few weeks (probably by Kevin), so 'lord and savior' Kevin put up this repeater on Saddle Peak to provide a jam-free sanctuary. It's been a jamming target for obvious reasons, but the jamming is suspiciously not nearly as bad as what's happening to 600/625, and with different methods.

It's nice to have something I can hit from my house that actually has users on it. Unfortunately, it's yet another 625: hard to use without getting jammed.

prcguy

I've met Mr. Mitnick and he's a very nice guy. Bondy on the other hand is a complete AH.

Another Kevin? Kevin Bondy sounds benign compared to Kevin Mitnick. Mitnick was a hacker and a licensed ham who lived in the L.A. area -- 1980's+. He frequented a few 2m repeaters including 147.435. He hacked into phone company computers (as a young rookie hacker), which enabled him to turn off ham radio operator's telephones.

He did prison time for hacking. FCC revoked his ham license for his hacking crimes -- nothing ham radio related. He hired an attorney and got his license back. He says that it cost him $16,000 in attorney fees.

For more on his ham radio license activities: Former Computer Hacker Kevin Mitnick gets Amateur Radio License Back:

For what he's up to now: Google "Kevin Mitnick" ( 2,250,000 results with the " ").

Mikek

Premium Subscriber
It's good to see an LA-area thread here. Does anyone have a current list of on-air repeaters that cover Orange, LA and/or Riverside areas and isn't a constant jamming session? Most of what I can find online is outdated by at least 10 years...

Thanks!

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
That would be zero.

GMRS in the basin is nothing but a CB on FM, jam-a-thon. 100-300 watt radios/amps are the norm, along with 10-12 db Yagi's pointed down the throat of the repeater, so "I can be a big strap". The minute a repeater becomes public knowledge, the misfits, whackers with a security job who think they are first responders, miscreants, recently paroled, homeless, and ne'er-do-well's with radios congregate there.

About a week later, the jamming begins.

And I would echo prcguy's comment about Kevin Mitnick - he's very personable and engaging, although I have NO idea what he has to do with this thread.

Last edited:

kj6psg

Check the MyGMRS repeater map; it's fairly up to date. GMRS itself is quite crowded, so interference will always be a concern in the LA area. I'm not in the OC area, so I don't know of any specific repeaters, but people on listed repeaters in your area will know some others to use. It will take some trial and error (and possibly a directional antenna) to find a good repeater, but don't be led to believe they don't exist. Right now there's a lot of jamming going on, especially with the 600 and 625 Wilson repeaters not seeing much use as a result of the jamming.

mrhandd

462.725 100.0

Anyone in the LA area that can hear this toilet have any (REAL) idea what mountain its on? Kevin says Saddle but depending on what personality Kevin is using at the time since he has been off his meds he pretty much is a pathological liar! Nothing out of his mouth is true its all blame someone else and miss direction. while he hides at mommy and daddy's house behind the HOA gate. Because he isn't man enough to move out. He is also the SOLE source to the pager data jamming on the 462.600 machine and the 462.625 machines that are well established in LA. The only way Kevin could get people to use his unlicensed machine was to jam everyone else's machines how lame is that to get attention. Guess mommy and daddy
didn't love their anchor baby? or if you hear the pager data on 467.600 and 467.625 and its strong send me a location.

mrhandd

Kevin Bondy

Cell # 1-818-402-1483
Home: 19155 Romar Street
Northridge, Ca 91324
Its west of I 5 off the 118 I believe.

Has a face book page but I don't do face book.

If your experiencing issues with communications in the LA area he is using all kinds of other illegal channels
to control his illegal jamming remote base units.

Josh380

Yeah. Kevin's crying on 600/625 needs to stop. Supposedly, the FCC is "building a case", but it seems it will be years before/if anything is done about it. Until then, the jamming will continue until Kevin is stopped.

mrhandd

Kevin needs chese with his wine!

The FCC and OIG were both told on or after next week that 600 and 625 and 700 and 725 would be changing to p25 single channel trunking! this way the channel has digital audio or just a trunking control channel data coming out when no one is talking. Talk groups and encryption keys have been out for weeks I'm told and his boy Harold programmed every ones radios up for free because Harold is sick of his crap too causing him negative attention he don't want. If I were Kevin I too wouldn't worry about the FCC (BUT) in Kevin's specific place I would worry about the LASO and the FBI kicking in his parents house doors soon as they are ready too arrest him for his admitted felony's he has committed and the FCC recorded him saying it and confirmed the voice prints confirming It was Kevin and no one else! He is looking at 10 years per each occurrence and we all know Kevin likes to brag to get attention mommy and daddy never gave him while he was off his meds!

prcguy

In cases like Mr. Bondy's, there is usually no father around and the problem child has a weird mommy fetish, being difficult to discuss on a family forum like this. Hopefully the law will step in and cure the problem and for good this time.

BTW, from the signal strengths and fluttering I'm getting off the 462.675 repeater I would say its more in the valley corridor or Saddle pk, etc.

The FCC and OIG were both told on or after next week that 600 and 625 and 700 and 725 would be changing to p25 single channel trunking! this way the channel has digital audio or just a trunking control channel data coming out when no one is talking. Talk groups and encryption keys have been out for weeks I'm told and his boy Harold programmed every ones radios up for free because Harold is sick of his crap too causing him negative attention he don't want. If I were Kevin I too wouldn't worry about the FCC (BUT) in Kevin's specific place I would worry about the LASO and the FBI kicking in his parents house doors soon as they are ready too arrest him for his admitted felony's he has committed and the FCC recorded him saying it and confirmed the voice prints confirming It was Kevin and no one else! He is looking at 10 years per each occurrence and we all know Kevin likes to brag to get attention mommy and daddy never gave him while he was off his meds!

mrhandd

Your post on 462.675 we know that is on Santiago and because of Kevin it too is turned on and off because of his crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.