• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Montco PA GMRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

RES27CUE

Premium Subscriber
Is there any gmrs operators close to montgomery county pa? was thinking about putting up a repeater up in the area. could use some help, also would like it to be open and have licensed people talk on it any info would be apreciated.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
What are your plans for a site? What help do you need? There are plenty of repeaters around the area now that no one uses. Then you have that LEARN system that nobody uses at all, what a waist it is.

Put up a repeater and make it open. Post it on MYGMRS.com or shrare it here and people will eventually find it and use it. Have fun !

SpugEddy

Premium Subscriber
Not familiar with the LEARN system, Skypilot. What is it?

To the OP. There used to be a nice repeater right in Center City Phila
that had some timeout issues but it had some great coverage. It
just went down about 4 weeks ago and everybody in the Phila, S. Jersey
and outskirts of Phila is going crazy trying to find a good repeater.
We found one on 700 but it is on the Roxboro towers about 150 feet up.
If you could cover the S. Philly, S. Jersey area, i'm sure you would get some
users

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
The LEARN system(Law Enforcement ? Radio Network) is on 575, 675 and 700. There are multiple repeaters on the same frequencies with many PL tones to access. There is an open machine in Chester PA on 700 that is not part of LEARN. LEARN covers the Philly metro area and a large portion of south Jersey. I think the guy running it wants $200-300 a year to use the system. Nothing but crickets on there.

SpugEddy

Premium Subscriber
The Chester Repeater you mentioned (700) might be the one
we all switched to when we lost the Center City repeater.
i was told it was on the Roxboro towers, but I was also told
another repeater I was talking on was in Ridley PA and it
turns out that it is actually in Yeadon PA

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
The 700 repeater in Chester run by a local Ham that has a decent size tower at his house. I can work the repeater from Logan Twp NJ up to the Belmawr area then I loose it. I forget the tone on it, I think it has multiple including 141.3.

https://www.mygmrs.com/view?id=537

RES27CUE

Premium Subscriber
Theres a repeater in on 725 with a tone of 371 its a open machine but its hit or miss the further east you get towards the jersey boarder. I wish grms would make a come back like it was within the last 20 years. their use to be a ton of open gmrs systems. it seems like the eastern and northern jersey up to ny is very active with many active machines. but i would like to see a high profile open repeater come into the area or if we could get a group of active guys that would put something together id be open to that, i know of a few that have the knowlege and the equipment that are willing to help its more of a site with a tower or a nice tall building that wouldnt charge major rent maybe a donation site. lets bring back gmrs to the area and make it big again. anyone thats intrested or wants to help post or send me a message thanks.

SpugEddy

Premium Subscriber
Theres a repeater in on 725 with a tone of 371 its a open machine but its hit or miss the further east you get towards the jersey boarder.

Where is this repeater? I tried it tonight and I get nothing at all.
Using 462.725 + 5.0000 (rx=462.725 tx=467.725) and DTCS 371.
Even tried DTCS with RR (reverse, reverse). I am just over the
WW Bridge on the Jersey side

Status
Not open for further replies.