Psr-500 Spectrum Sweeper disappointment

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynzoid

Hi !
Got my second Psr500 today, and went deeper into sweeper object.
Now, first off it misses alot, particulary for ex. i transmit at 433.0125 - swe gets 433.0100, although at 433.025 it gets it right. it's not a big problem.
big problem is that in Swe object, Allband mode, Range 5 (40x-470mhz as it claimed), it's full of holes. I can catch 499.950 but nothing 450 and upwards till about 463. this is quite unacceptable in enviroment of my city... many public services operate in this band.

perhaps i misunderstood something or doing something wrong ?
please comment

thanks !
P

ps. can i have some recomendation for bnc wideband (433-470 + 860 is most interesting) whip antenna for my psr ? thank you again

Last edited:

ratboy

Premium Subscriber
I think you're expecting too much. If you have any strong transmitter(s) nearby, it will make it miss a little sometimes. It's no big deal, just put a narrow range of freqs into a limit search and you will find it easily. It's not a perfect solution, but it works.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I find when I'm in a dense urban area that the rubber ducky works much better with the sweeper than my external antenna, which makes sense.... because I only want strong nearby transmissions. What I did really notice right off the bat is that it seems fairly slow to catch a transmission. The Close Call on my BC246T seemed to be much faster. Maybe it just seems slower since you can watch it zero in on the frequency on the display. Kind of like watching the toaster, waiting for it to pop :)

NDRADIONUT

Database Admin
Set Your Zeromatic Thresholds Like This And You Will Be Much Happier

Zeromatic Thresholds:
5 Khz Other
In Lo 170 170
In Hi 480 480
Out Lo 150 150
Out Hi 530 530

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
To be honest I haven't had much of a chance to use Spectrum Sweeper on my Pro-106 of late. Haven't been anywhere new I guess! I'll make a point of playing around with it on some known freqs between now and the end of the week and see if I can notice a difference.

SCPD

QRT
Can someone let me know the defaults for the Zeromatic as I made the change and my audio on some frequencies (424 MHz area) are worse than before .. so I would like to switch back.

I am using PSR Edit and the program doesn't revert back to the defaults.

Thanks ..

mikey60

Can someone let me know the defaults for the Zeromatic as I made the change and my audio on some frequencies (424 MHz area) are worse than before .. so I would like to switch back.

I am using PSR Edit and the program doesn't revert back to the defaults.

Thanks ..

Here you go:

BTW, you can click on the button just above this part of the screen to reset all of those settings to their defaults.

Mike

Attachments

• Zeromatic.jpg
    Zeromatic.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 2,233

SCPD

QRT
Hi Mike ...

That button didn't reset them back for me, but thanks for posting this for me. I am running the most recent version on XP

Edit ... oops I did use the GLOBAL reset and it did change them. I was using the other reset button on the right.

Thanks

Last edited:

mikey60

Hi Mike ...

That button didn't reset them back for me, but thanks for posting this for me. I am running the most recent version on XP

Edit ... oops I did use the GLOBAL reset and it did change them. I was using the other reset button on the right.

Thanks

Ok, the other button should have done that as well. I'll check that.

Mike

SOFA_KING

Set Your Zeromatic Thresholds Like This And You Will Be Much Happier

Zeromatic Thresholds:
5 Khz Other
In Lo 170 170
In Hi 480 480
Out Lo 150 150
Out Hi 530 530

Just what are you tweeking? Are those values supposed to be representing MHz? :confused:

Phil :cool:

ScannerSK

I had a chance to tweek the zeromatic functioning on my PSR500 & PSR-600. I found the following settings appear to work best on this end:

Threshold 5kHz Ranges Other Ranges
...In LO..........170..................170
...In HI...........610..................610
..Out LO........170..................170
..Out HI..........610..................610

Attachments

• Zeromatic.JPG
    Zeromatic.JPG
    8.7 KB · Views: 1,715
Last edited:

ScannerSK

Zeromatic Feature

The zeromatic feature simply helps the scanner lock onto the correct frequency during search and sweeper modes. When zeromatic is turned off the scanner may stop on the frequency above or below the correct frequency.

Hope this helps!

Shawn

Status
Not open for further replies.