RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners, Receivers and Related Equipment Forums > GRE Scanners

GRE Scanners - A forum for the discussion of all GRE branded scanning radios and receivers. Whistler branded scanners belong in the Whistler forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-12-2009, 9:08 PM

Question No TSYS assigned to TGRP

Maybe this has been asked and answered, and maybe this is a simple novice error/question:
But what do you do with TGRP IDs that have No TSYS: ??

They all show object info like this No TSYS: and each has a number like 816, 304, or some other number

I would like to know how or if you can assign the TGRP ID to a TSYS and how do you do it?
I can always delete the TGRPs that show No TSYS to get rid of the Heap error
Sponsored links
Old 10-12-2009, 9:28 PM
Forums Veteran
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Welcome to the RadioReference forums. We have a variety forums on here to choose from so it's important to post your question or request to the proper forum to get the best answer. At the top of the busy forums are Stickies which guide you where to post your question. I've moved your post from the General Scanning forum to this one as it's most applicable. In GenScan is a sticky (below) that helps with where to post. Please make note. Thanks.

Old 10-12-2009, 11:47 PM
Silent Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth46 View Post
Maybe this has been asked and answered, and maybe this is a simple novice error/question:
But what do you do with TGRP IDs that have No TSYS: ??

They all show object info like this No TSYS: and each has a number like 816, 304, or some other number

I would like to know how or if you can assign the TGRP ID to a TSYS and how do you do it?
I can always delete the TGRPs that show No TSYS to get rid of the Heap error
Hey, Darth46, welcome to RR.com. The Mods have apparently moved your post but didn't leave a trail that I can find so I hope you don't get frustrated trying to find it again. We can help you, but some more information from you is necessary.
  1. What type of scanner are you using? (make & model)
  2. Are you using programming software? (if yes, which software)
This information will be needed to help you get up and running.

If you are getting a "Heap Error" that means that you do not have the frequencies in your scanner that it needs to see if the TGs (talk groups) are talking. A "No TSYS" error means that you have TGs that are not assigned to a Scan List. These things are easily corrected, but I will need the information requested to be able to help you.

Drive no faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Time has a way to corrupt everything.
Old 10-13-2009, 7:30 AM

Default No TSYS assigned to TGRP

Radio Shack Pro 106
Win500

We have a good RS dealer in Derby so I probably need to call him. I know this has to be simple, but still above my pay grade. Thanks for your help.
Darth
Old 10-13-2009, 9:54 AM
Silent Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth46 View Post
Radio Shack Pro 106
Win500

We have a good RS dealer in Derby so I probably need to call him. I know this has to be simple, but still above my pay grade. Thanks for your help.
Darth
No need to do that because you can program the unit all by your lonely. When you do it is an ego booster, trust me.

I suggest you start at square one with your programming and follow this illustrated step-by-step "tutorial" at UtahRadio.org. You will find things pretty well laid out there.

Drive no faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Time has a way to corrupt everything.
Sponsored links
Old 10-13-2009, 10:36 AM

Default No TSYS assigned to TGRP

Thanks
I went to the link at UtahRadio and got the answer.
Old 04-05-2018, 12:48 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default No TSYS message

I tried to download info on to myWhistler WS1040 scanner using Win500. And I知 getting a message on scanner screen reading No TSYS. Can anyone help me fix this problem. ? I知 new to scanner life and have no clue what I知 doing. Please help. Jpalshook71@yahoo.com
Old 04-05-2018, 12:57 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalshook View Post
I tried to download info on to myWhistler WS1040 scanner using Win500. And I知 getting a message on scanner screen reading No TSYS. Can anyone help me fix this problem. ? I知 new to scanner life and have no clue what I知 doing. Please help. Jpalshook71@yahoo.com
When importing a system, you must select at least 1 "site" for a system and then one or more sets of talkgroups.
Old 04-05-2018, 2:01 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default ?????

Thank you for responding but I really have no idea what that means. I have no clue what I知 doing when it comes to these scanners.
Old 04-05-2018, 2:37 PM

Help us help you...tell us the city/county/state of the system you are trying to download
Old 04-05-2018, 4:26 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalshook View Post
Thank you for responding but I really have no idea what that means. I have no clue what I’m doing when it comes to these scanners.
For trunk systems, you must select a "site" (1 or more) - this is where the system/site frequencies are defined and programmed into the scanner.

Then, you also pick one or more groups of "talkgroups" (user "channels") that would be seen on that system/site.

From your description, it sounds like you only selected "talkgroups" and no "sites".

What system are you trying to import/program?

See below:
Attached Images

Old 04-05-2018, 5:02 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Got thanks so much for your help