PSR-500 Radio IDs Feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

amol_radhi

Are you guys saying that the PSR500/600 can show radio IDs too?!!! Ok.....I'm getting this radio TODAY!!!!

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
It should be more clear in the message above.

The GRE PSR500/PSR600 RadioID's only works on trunked systems.

RadioID's DOESN'T work on P25 Conventional channels.

UNIDEN was the first to have RadioID's on both side(Trunked & Conventional channel) on Handheld/Mobile Scanners...

Last edited:

JRR4607

Premium Subscriber
Psr 500

Is there a way for the PSR 500 to just show the TGID not the freq # and the TGID.

JRR4607

Premium Subscriber
Firmware 1.4

Im looking for the version 1.4 of the CPU firmware, released on 12 June 2008.it is not in the GRE support desk downloads.

qlajlu

Silent Key
Is there a way for the PSR 500 to just show the TGID not the freq # and the TGID.

Unfortunately not. According to the manual, the only time the TGID will display is when the conversation ends. Also, unfortunately, the only place you will find this information is in the graphic in the manual (reproduced below from the PSR-600 manual).

Display TGID.jpg

JRR4607

Premium Subscriber
Unfortunately not. According to the manual, the only time the TGID will display is when the conversation ends. Also, unfortunately, the only place you will find this information is in the graphic in the manual (reproduced below from the PSR-600 manual).

View attachment 26125

It would be nice if it did may be it will be added in the future.

qlajlu

Silent Key
If the alpha tag is insufficient and you need to see the TGID, you could always put the TGID in the TGRP's tag.

Well yeah, I could. I hate it when someone shows how foolish I am at times! ;) Thanks for reminding me Don. :)

The biggest problem with that is some of the alpha tags are too long to also accommodate a TGID in the 16 spaces allowed. Not all, but some. It is a workaround though.

Last edited:

DonS

The biggest problem with that is some of the alpha tags are too long to accommodate a TGID also, in the 16 spaces allowed. Not all, but some. It is a workaround though.

For me, the whole point of alpha tags is so that I don't have to remember "who" uses a particular frequency/tone (conventional) or talkgroup ID (trunked). I just don't see much point in having both TGID and tag.

I can think of two cases where I might want to see the TGID instead of (or in addition to) an alpha tag:
1. Wildcard "hit". The PSR-500 already shows the TGID - it creates a "temporary alpha tag" that it shows on the third line.
2. Mapping a system, where I think I know who's using a "new" TGID, have entered a tag for it, but might want to go back and change it later based on traffic I hear.

Last edited:

scannerfreak

Database Admin
It was an "added feature". It appeared in version 1.4 of the CPU firmware, released on 12 June 2008.

Doh! Teach me to post after looking at hours of data in the wee hours..You *know* I knew that to, don't know why my brain wasn't functioning :lol: Thanks for the correction :cool:

DonS

Doh! Teach me to post after looking at hours of data in the wee hours..You *know* I knew that to, don't know why my brain wasn't functioning :lol: Thanks for the correction :cool:

I had to go look up the change myself. I only knew it wasn't in there originally - I was bored one weekend and thought it might be "cool".

GBLOCK

Is there a way currently or in the future on the pro197/106 to Tag the Radio Id to display a tag id instead of the radio id number? Example: RadioID# 17354 = resue 2 mobile.....

Status
Not open for further replies.