Bringing Things Up To Date Questions Re Downloads

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOBRR

Hi,

A bit on in years now, and not too sharp with this stuff.

Anyway, would like to bring my PSR 500 up to date.

Are these the 2 files I need:

PSR-500/600 CPU Firmware 1.8 ?

PSR-500/500C/600/600C DSP Firmware 1.4 ?

Are there any others ?

Are the instructions in the downloads; I remember when I last did it, it was quite a convoluted process ?

Much Thanks,
Bob

KT4HX

Premium Subscriber
I believe the two files you indicated should be all you need. One thing you should take note of is that when you upgrade both, be sure to do the CPU file first. That is mentioned in this thread: http://forums.radioreference.com/gre-scanners/175898-updating-psr-500-600-a.html

The step by step should show up on the site when you begin the process. I did my PSR-600 about a month ago, and you just need to go slow and pay attention to the guidance that shows up on the screen while you are performing the upgrade. If you have any problems you can come back here with questions.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
You've got it. The instructions are with the downloads. I've had minor problems in the past- that is until I sat down and read out the instructions. I kept trying to get ahead of myself. Once I concentrated on the instructions, I had no problem downloading the firmware to the scanner. I am a bad speed-reader and I miss things when I try it!

Todd

BOBRR

From OP: Much thanks for help

Hi,

Will give it a go.

As always, much thanks for help.
Much appreciated.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.