PSR-300/400 Firmware 1.08 Released...

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon

Database Admin
Here is the change log of PSR-300/400 from V1.07 to V1.08.

1. Line 4 of the LCD indicates the bank number while stop Scan or manual mode.

captncarp

PSR300/400 firmware 1.08 Release

Using Windows 7 I updated my RS PRO104 to 1.08 but when I do a GRE 300 I get as far as the scanner saying "wait for PC/IF" and then nothing. I use a RS 20-047 without the attachment.
In the past I upgraded the GRE 300 to Firmware 1.07 but nada this time.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
PSR-300 update

Using Windows 7 I updated my RS PRO104 to 1.08 but when I do a GRE 300 I get as far as the scanner saying "wait for PC/IF" and then nothing. I use a RS 20-047 without the attachment.
In the past I upgraded the GRE 300 to Firmware 1.07 but nada this time.
Turn off the scanner, disconnect the cable. Press and hold PROG while you power on the scanner. You should see the message "waiting for PC/IF" on the scanner.

Plug the USB cable into your PC. Start the software. Select the correct COM port. Plug the cable into the scanner w/o a pigtail. Press TEST on the software. What happens?

captncarp

1.08 Software

Nope.....Start the software...guess i'm not doing it right cause nothing happens with the scanner..I can't get a page to come up on a PC like when I did the RS scanner, which has the boxes for the com port and test. I tried it on a windows 7 and windows XP.. When I go to GRE page and click on the download box I get boxes to download and unzip but that ends with a box saying I have successfully unzipped 5 parts and thats the end of it. Nothing happens with the scanner beyond "Wait for PC/IF"

mikey60

Nope.....Start the software...guess i'm not doing it right cause nothing happens with the scanner..I can't get a page to come up on a PC like when I did the RS scanner, which has the boxes for the com port and test. I tried it on a windows 7 and windows XP.. When I go to GRE page and click on the download box I get boxes to download and unzip but that ends with a box saying I have successfully unzipped 5 parts and thats the end of it. Nothing happens with the scanner beyond "Wait for PC/IF"

You need to note where the files are unzipped to. Usually that's in a GRECOM folder off the C Root. The actual update program files should be in a sub folder there.

Mike

captncarp

THAT DID IT. C ROOT is greek to me so I just started following (C:) 's and fumbled my way to the end and it worked........THANKS you guys for your patience and help. I did it on earlier updates but I don't remember doing it that way...........now if I can just remember all that when the next update comes along!!!!!!!

scnnr

I can't upload the upgrade either in my desktop vista or laptop windows 7 machines. I am wondering if it might be due to the fact that I have a Canadian version that is Boot 1.0
Firmware version C 1.07 note that there is a C in front of the version number. I am assuming that this means Canadian version.

This is my information when I boot up holding down the program key.

Boot ver:CF1.00
App1 Ver:C 1.07
CPU SW upgrade
Wait for PC/IF

Last edited:

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
All changes not documented from v1.07 to v1.08

When running earlier versions of firmware (1.07 or earlier), when I powered on a scanner, it would beep when it was ready to scan/etc. I've noticed that version 1.08 does not do that.

There was NO mention of this change in this version!!!! I hate it when (other) changes are made and not stated. Another user (another thread here on RR) has mentioned that v1.08 solved a trunking issue on his GRE scanner, but did not on his RS model (PRO-163).

GRE are you listening? You are making yourselves look real bad here.

scnnr

Well I give up. It just won't work for my scanner on any of my machines. I have a windows XP Desktop , A Windows Vista along with a Windows 7 Toshiba Laptop and all goes fine com port hit the test and when you click on the upgrade comes back error turn off scanner

Last edited:

captncarp

According to what u show as ur scanner display ur scanner is BOOT version 1.00. Both the Radio Shack and the GRE have two boot download versions 1.00 and 1.01 and u have to use the version that matches ur scanner
When I tried to load the wrong version into the scanner it told me right away and would not take.

mikey60

I can't upload the upgrade either in my desktop vista or laptop windows 7 machines. I am wondering if it might be due to the fact that I have a Canadian version that is Boot 1.0
Firmware version C 1.07 note that there is a C in front of the version number. I am assuming that this means Canadian version.

This is my information when I boot up holding down the program key.

Boot ver:CF1.00
App1 Ver:C 1.07
CPU SW upgrade
Wait for PC/IF

That is correct, you would need to get the Canadian version of the firmware updates. I'm not sure when that would be available.

Mike

scnnr

Well it is over a year and no firmware update for the 'C' Canadian version of the PSR-300. Mine is still at version 1.07. Guess GRE has no intentions of coming up with a update for that scanner now.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.