PSR-410 Now @ Low Price

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjwgrr

Check Buy.com for Psr-410 @$67.00 + shipping .Other vendors @that site for equally low price!

Heck of a deal- I just snagged one. $75.97 w/ shipping. Thanks for the heads up!!! :)

Hopefully this isn't a mistake and they won't cancel my order....... did they miss a 1 in front of the $67.00?????

Last edited:

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
I'm in for one, still have one on hold for $70 from NextDayPC.com

Ebay sellers already listing near $200 each, so while I won't get that stupid I'll be sure to clear something!

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Go for it!

Just got off the phone with a Scanner Master sales person! They will NOT honor the Buy.Com price. In their words "it's ridiculous". The guy told me that THE boss is on vacation this week and will not be back until next week at the earliest. While I don't blame him, I did tell him that he would be losing a lot of business on this particular radio with prices like these. If anyone actually gets one at this price delivered, please post on here to ease the fears of the rest of us. Being on a tight budget, even $75 is a big thing to lose!

Manny

vinzep491

Hmm... interesting.

I may hold off until someone gets one delivered.

Keep us posted.

tjwgrr

I paid for mine with PayPal so I may have some recourse if this deal goes bad. PayPal payment went to Buy.com, not the seller ANTOnline. I've purchased from Buy.com in the past and not had an issue. Cross my fingers- see what happens. Here's the email receipt I received:

--------------------------------------------------

ORDER CONFIRMATION

Thanks for your order,

Want to manage your order online?

If you want to check the status of your order or make changes, click on the above PayPal Order Lookup Link.

For payment information please log into your PayPal account at www.PayPal.com

Your Order Number is: #########
Order Review
Purchase made: 2/22/2011 8:16:00 AM.
If your order requires multiple shipments, we will send you an email as soon as each of the items ship.

Shipping Information
##############
##############
##############

SKU DESCRIPTION QTY ESTIMATED SHIP DATE SHIPPING METHOD UNIT PRICE ITEM TOTAL
217151401 GRE PSR-410 Analog Mobile Scanner
Brand New
Seller: ANTOnline 1 Ships from Marketplace Seller in 1-2 Business Days Standard Shipping (4 to 14 business days) $65.70 $65.70
SubTotal: $65.70
Shipping & Handling: $10.27
Tax: $0.00
TOTAL:
$75.97

We pride ourselves on delivering the best possible shopping experience to you and all of our customers. That means that from the moment you enter Buy.com to the moment your order is delivered to your door - we are dedicated to your satisfaction.
Thank You!

Once again, thank you for placing your order with Buy.com. We value your business and pledge to continue to offer top brands, superstore selection, low prices, and outstanding service. Anything. Anytime. Anywhere.
We appreciate your business,
Customer Support Team

rdale

Premium Subscriber
Manny - they aren't going to lose business. This price will NOT last after they start actually shipping.

And there's no fear in losing the money, unless you sent them a check (duh) you have tons of recourse available if the vendor doesn't go through. NextDayPC doesn't charge the card until they ship, so there's absolutely no problem there. And I've never had a problem getting problems with PayPal fixed.

RadioDaze

I worry about "too good to be true" prices, especially when they seem to be below cost. The buy.com vendor doesn't actually stock them, they're just a drop shipper. Where is the product coming from? I seriously doubt that it's directly from GRE. Who else can supply it for that price, and still enable "ANTOnline" to make a profit? (And whoever the supplier is is presumably ALSO making a profit. This points to the radios having a cost in the low $50 range. Unlikely.) I concur with ScannerMaster that it's "ridiculous." But I agree with Manny's "...If anyone actually gets one at this price delivered, please post on here..."

P.S. ANTOnline offers 94,899 items for sale.

Last edited:

rckydenver

I just went to ANTonline website and this is what they show for scanners.

ANTOnline.com - Electronics > Audio & Video > Radio Scanners

Looking at Buy.com they only have two news ones at the $65.70 price.

List Price: See Details$199.99You Save: (67%) $134.29Price$65.70Shipping: $10.27
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total Price:$75.97Qty Ships from and sold by ANTOnline

Seller Rating: 4.29 out of 5

Seller Return Policy
In Stock Usually Ships in 1 to 2 business days
Condition: Brand New
2 New from $65.70 What's this?

Last edited:

rdale

Premium Subscriber
I worry about "too good to be true" prices, especially when they seem to be below cost.

These types of companies are no different than the people selling 90,000 different items on EBay. There are a few "master" providers of all things high and low, and my guess is that somebody dropped a "1" when entering the price code. All of these pre-order locations are using that as a starting point, so $170 is probably the intended end-user price.

My WAG is that once the actual units are in house, these "pass-through" companies will see the $150 instead of $50 charge on their bill and stop. If that happens after they ship it, I'll return it to them for a $100 restocking fee ;)

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
yeah, it's got to be a mistake. I just looked at the other scanners this seller is advertising and most fall within the same price range as most sellers

rdale

Premium Subscriber
Right, which relates to my post above. All (but one) of them use the same database and mark up depending (notice none are scanner dealers.) It'll get fixed - but the question is "before" or "after" shipping some out?

SCPD

QRT
Well, this certainly takes the wind out of my sales. I had JUST ordered the 410 from Sonic Electronix (good site, done business before no problem), for $159.99 shipped. I thought this was great considering it had been had to find and other places were saying $199 etc.

That low price by the OP does sound too good to be true, but if he can snag it for that and it actually arrives at his door, then that will be a great deal !!! Good luck and I hope it works out. Thanks

mel1718

I put in for one at NextDayPC just over a month ago, got an email yesterday stating the product had been discontinued.

Ordered one yesterday from Beach Audio, said "14 in stock just recieved 2-21-11", ordered one for $67 went back an hour later to get another one and they had 9 left but the price jumped to $185. Got an email from them today stating product is on back order after 30 days if not in stock order will be cancelled.

Ordered one from ANTOnline last night have not heard from them yet, I would be really suprised if anyone got one at this price, but ya never know!

Status
Not open for further replies.