DIY Screen Protector for PSR-800

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC9NEG

Many places sell the "universal" screen protectors... Cut to 45.5 x 24.5mm (subtract .5mm from each dimension if you wish to have a slight border around protector to guard against dust getting under edge or peeling due to poor contact).

Last edited:

kh11

Premium Subscriber
Check for Zagg sales at Staples

My local Staples is clearing out Zagg Invisible Shield kits for some phone models. I picked up one for a Samsung Infuse 4G for $9.95. With careful cutting, this can give you up to three screen protectors for your PSR-800. Follow the instructions when applying. I was reluctant to use the spray, but it really does make application a lot easier. (I didn't spray the radio, but I did spray my fingers and the shield material.) It took me a couple of tries to get right, but since there is enough material for more than one application, that wasn't a big deal.

A while back I had picked up some cheap generic screen protectors at Border's going-out-of-business sale that were meant for the Kobo readers they were pushing, hoping to use them on the radio. They even had a nice grid printed on the backing that would have aided in cutting. But these turned out to be too stiff to contour across the edge of the screen crystal, and so did not adhere properly. The Invisible Shield material is pretty much perfect. Very conforming and tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.