PSR 500 Heap Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerjunkie

Was trying to program psr 500 scanner and now it gives me a heap error message followed by 221b1f:2222.the only way to get rid of this message is to turn off scanner.but once you try any buttons after you power it back up it goes right back to the heap error disabling all other functions.the.anybody ever hear of such a thing and how do i fix it.any help would be great.thanks.

trumpetman

Database Admin
I had one on my PRO106 a few weeks ago during a trip. Still not sure I survived without my scanner for the weekend...haha. As far as I know, the only fix is a master reset:

Turn on scanner, immediately press 0, then 1, then ENTER. Should clear things up.

scannerjunkie

Heap Error

Thanks for the info guys.i seem to have solved that heap error issue.now i notice the first two seconds of the transmissions are delayed.i remember this happening before and i changed some setting.i cant remember what it was.my base picks up first then two seconds later i get audio out of the 500.what setting(s) do i need to check or adjust.thanks again for the info.

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
Was trying to program psr 500 scanner and now it gives me a heap error message followed by 221b1f:2222.the only way to get rid of this message is to turn off scanner.but once you try any buttons after you power it back up it goes right back to the heap error disabling all other functions.the.anybody ever hear of such a thing and how do i fix it.any help would be great.thanks.

Search function on this forum is your friend.

You have an unassigned object in the scanner. Something hasn't been assigned to a scanlist.

rbarker

Robert
One thing about the scanner is that you should periodically save it V-Scanner. That way if you get an error you can always go back and load from the V-scanner. I recommend you do this if you have made a lot of changes.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
One thing about the scanner is that you should periodically save it V-Scanner. That way if you get an error you can always go back and load from the V-scanner. I recommend you do this if you have made a lot of changes.

Hopefully you do realize that you replied to a 6 year old dead thread?
In the future please check the date of the thread before replying. :)
Thanks!
KE4ZNR

rbarker

Robert
I got this error this morning and I searched Google and this is what came up. It helped me so perhaps it can help someone else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.