Got my PSR 800 today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracker

Had to run it on alkaline's cause they either forgot to send my rechargeable batteries n AC adapter, orrr their shipping it in a separate box.....
Aaaany who I was messing with it n got Miami Dade county fire rescue programmed ......my first real public safety comms! Yaaaa hoooooo
(I have already E mailed the place that I ordered from n see what's up with the missing parts)

Tomorrow I will install the EZ software on my win. 7 laptop n see how that is gonna go....

I don't particularly like the fact that the manual on a CD n I have to fire up the PC whenever I need to research something.......as is the case, can someone advice if there is a way to make the #'s n texts a little darker....or bigger?
Am having problems viewing the display........I need to keep hitting the back light constantly as it keeps shutting off..,Daaaaaamn it!

Last edited:

Bob_61

Had to run it on alkaline's cause they either forgot to send my rechargeable batteries n AC adapter, orrr their shipping it in a separate box.....
Aaaany who I was messing with it n got Miami Dade county fire rescue programmed ......my first real public safety comms! Yaaaa hoooooo
(I have already E mailed the place that I ordered from n see what's up with the missing parts)

Tomorrow I will install the EZ software on my win. 7 laptop n see how that is gonna go....

I don't particularly like the fact that the manual on a CD n I have to fire up the PC whenever I need to research something.......as is the case, can someone advice if there is a way to make the #'s n texts a little darker....or bigger?
Am having problems viewing the display........I need to keep hitting the back light constantly as it keeps shutting off..,Daaaaaamn it!

Batts and ac charger not included, you use the usb cable that came with it power it. You really need a external charger. Something like this :Amazon.com: La Crosse Technology BC-700 Alpha Power Battery Charger: Home & Garden or

Amazon.com: La Crosse Technology Alpha Power Battery Charger, BC1000: Home & Garden this latter one has extra stuff. :) Set the charge setting to zero in the radio or disable in the ez scan program. :)

Tracker

Batts and ac charger not included, you use the usb cable that came with it power it. You really need a external charger. Something like this :Amazon.com: La Crosse Technology BC-700 Alpha Power Battery Charger: Home & Garden or

Amazon.com: La Crosse Technology Alpha Power Battery Charger, BC1000: Home & Garden this latter one has extra stuff. :) Set the charge setting to zero in the radio or disable in the ez scan program. :)

The $35 1 is doable, but that other 1 for $90....daaamn Steep!

Tracker

Bob, I see by your signature that you have an 800 as well? How easy was the EZ software to use, or did you do it manually?

Bob_61

Bob, I see by your signature that you have an 800 as well? How easy was the EZ software to use, or did you do it manually?

It as it is called EZ! But I also do it by the radio when I show someone. I mostly do it by the program so I can tag the way I want and capitalize every thing(I have low vision in both eyes).

Tracker

It as it is called EZ! But I also do it by the radio when I show someone. I mostly do it by the program so I can tag the way I want and capitalize every thing(I have low vision in both eyes).

I also have low vision which is why I was hoping that the EZ would actually be easy.....sorta speak!
I can't make out the display without the backlight on....n as you know it turns off rather quickly

Bob_61

I also have low vision which is why I was hoping that the EZ would actually be easy.....sorta speak!
I can't make out the display without the backlight on....n as you know it turns off rather quickly

When I have it pluged in I have the light set to stay on and on batts to come on during reception.

Tracker

Just tried installin the EZscan software on my new Dell laptop runnin Windows 7!
Error messege reads : Error Launching D:/software/setup.exe

Now what?

Tracker

Fyi, found this on GRE site:
On some systems, attempting to install the EZ Scan Digital PC Application will result in an "Error 740" message. This message indicates that the installer does not have the access required to install the application onto the computer. This error is typically caused by the User Account Control (UAC) on Windows Vista and Windows 7.

To successfully install the PC Application, navigate to the Software folder on the CD-ROM or the folder where you downloaded the installer. Right click on the installer and select the "Run as Administrator" option from the menu that appears. This should allow the installer to run and properly install the PC Application.

Ed_Seedhouse

Premium Subscriber
Just tried installin the EZscan software on my new Dell laptop runnin Windows 7!
Error messege reads : Error Launching D:/software/setup.exe

That happened to me as well. I just went to the GRE web site and downloaded the latest version of the software, and that installed perfectly.

I had the same situation as you, Windows 7 64 bit OS. Running the CD software with Admin privileges did not work on my system, but downloading the latest version of the software did.

You might have a later CD production run and running it as "Admin" may work, but if not, try getting the latest version of the software from GRE. The latest version is 1,03

Status
Not open for further replies.