PSR-800 firmware/software update available 01-9-2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

mancow

Database Admin
Version 1.05 - January 9, 2012
New Features:

Added battery level and alert voltage settings to the Advanced tab. Voltage levels will be updated to the default settings the first time a configuration is opened.

The USA bandplan has been adjusted to allow access to Marine channels while preserving access to other frequencies in the same range.

Updated the error message displayed when there is no data to import in the Library database (i.e. Puerto Rico)
Added pop-up welcome screens at program start-up and after a successful CPU update to introduce the set location feature.

Changed the alert type selection to be a pull-down selection rather than a click and cycle through selection.
Bug Fixes:
Fixed import issue with systems marked as P25 Phase II in the Library data.

When selecting the option to update the objects in the scanner configuration after a Library update, the correct screen will now be shown.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
PSR800 Firmware Update Avaialble

Download program and firmware updates through the EZScan Digital Software. Updates from 1.2 to 1.5; Adds location based programming and re-enables FDMA monitoring on Phase II system (like TxWARN). I haven't reviewed the entire list yet.

mancow

Database Admin
Is anyone else having trouble downloading this? It just stalls out and stops responding here.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
Mine ran fine.

Also, added location based programming - program by zip code, etc.

I'm thrilled to have TxWARN P25 back.

Last edited:

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
That has to be the weakest firmware/software update I've ever seen released. It looks liked it addressed maybe 1 out of 200 suggestions that people may have given to improve it. Seems to me GRE abandoned this thing right after it was introduced.

Mike

mrkelso

ok all done so how do i enable and disable location scanning from the software? What did they fix? Is there and information file or link?

woodpecker

That has to be the weakest firmware/software update I've ever seen released. It looks liked it addressed maybe 1 out of 200 suggestions that people may have given to improve it. Seems to me GRE abandoned this thing right after it was introduced.

Mike

Its probably a panic reaction now they've realised disgruntled users are trying to reverse engineer their firmware and improve it themselves.

E-Man

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Anyone know if there is any plans to upgrade the PSR-800 owners manual to reflect new features added? last mod date is 2/24/11

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Anyone know if there is any plans to upgrade the PSR-800 owners manual to reflect new features added? last mod date is 2/24/11

I'm sure that's only an answer that GRE staff would know. And I'm not aware of a particular user on these forums who is a GRE staff member. You might want to just submit a ticket to GRE support suggesting that they update their manual. Of course they are probably already planning to do that. Most if not all of the information that you would need to know is included in the release notes when you update the software and firmware.

Mike

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
I'm sure that's only an answer that GRE staff would know. And I'm not aware of a particular user on these forums who is a GRE staff member. You might want to just submit a ticket to GRE support suggesting that they update their manual. Of course they are probably already planning to do that. Most if not all of the information that you would need to know is included in the release notes when you update the software and firmware.

Mike

The manual with the EZScan software is up to date (on the HELP menu). You can open it that way then save it with Adobe Reader -or- you can copy it straight out of Program Files/GRECOM/EZScan directory (user guide and quick ref guide).

wnjl

Is anyone else having difficulty loading in the location-based database programming on the scanner itself? When entering in any ZIP code, the scanner comes back with "ZIP Code was not found in the database", and when trying to sort by county or state, after selecting a first letter, it comes up with an empty list to sort through. I tried reloading both the CPU update and the latest library update and neither helped.

DonS

Is anyone else having difficulty loading in the location-based database programming on the scanner itself? When entering in any ZIP code, the scanner comes back with "ZIP Code was not found in the database", and when trying to sort by county or state, after selecting a first letter, it comes up with an empty list to sort through. I tried reloading both the CPU update and the latest library update and neither helped.

Did you update the PC software, as well?

After updating the PC software, library files, and CPU firmware, did you copy the new library files to the scanner's SD card?

Kel

What does it mean when Voltage levels will be updated to the default settings the first time a configeration is opened?will it show on radio?

DonS

What does it mean when Voltage levels will be updated to the default settings the first time a configeration is opened?will it show on radio?

The battery level thresholds (voltages) used for the battery icon are now configurable from the PC software. The first time you open any configuration in the PC software, those thresholds will get default values. It will "show on the radio" in the behavior of the battery icon - you can't change the thresholds from the scanner's UI, only from the PC software.

wnjl

Did you update the PC software, as well?

After updating the PC software, library files, and CPU firmware, did you copy the new library files to the scanner's SD card?

I had loaded the library files on the scanner before updating the PC software. That was the problem, thanks. So FYI to anyone doing the update...load the library files on the scanner LAST.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
I like the scanner and I like the added features so far. Yes, there are a few annoying things like battery levels (updating scanner now so we'll see about the update). The software is available to download and try out prior to purchasing the scanner. So if you didn't like the software, why did you buy the scanner?

I guess you can't please everyone all the time.

E-Man

Banned

Mike

I asked GRE to update their Manual. I was hoping to be able to read up on the new features and install the EZ Scan software, before my 800 arrives this week. But that does not seem to be an option. Thanks

E-Man

Banned
I like the scanner and I like the added features so far. Yes, there are a few annoying things like battery levels (updating scanner now so we'll see about the update). The software is available to download and try out prior to purchasing the scanner. So if you didn't like the software, why did you buy the scanner?

I guess you can't please everyone all the time.

Could you post a link to the EZ Scan software, I looked on the GRECOM site and only saw:

PSR-800 Software Utility Manager v1.03

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.