GRE PSR-900 Pre-Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
As reported by MtnBiker2005 at the CES 2012 show.

What we know so far:
Rumored to be available 2nd Quarter 2012.
Specifications shown at CES were the same as the PSR-800 EZ-Scan Digital.
It has a remote head.
It has a MicroSD card in the main part of the radio.

What we don't know:
Unknown if it will decode Phase II P25.

Let the speculation begin. :evil:

ButchGone

While new features and form factors are nice I would really like to see GRE and Uniden make new products that can decode simulcast P25 systems well. Neither brand decodes this well, especially in a mobile environment. Neat new features mean nothing if you can't hear transmissions.
BG..

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Hi Guys, it great that you have a wishlist, but you may as well save it for the next model. If the radio is due to be released in Q2 2012, it's already designed and built. Only the firmware details could be changed at this point, but I doubt you'll see much more than is already available on the PSR-800.

ResQguy

Meh
Couldn't they have spelled "coming soon" correctly? Oh well, I'll still buy it.

RadioDaze

Couldn't they have spelled "coming soon" correctly? Oh well, I'll still buy it.
Maybe they meant "comming soon" as in "communicating soon".

I admit I am excited about the remote head, even if it has no keypad. Maybe it will eventually become the new standard for all future models by GRE and Uniden.

Last edited:

mule1075

Feed Provider
This is my opinion but i cannot seem to stop yawning.Not my cup of tea but it could be yours.And just a small rant to each company how about a proper base station scanner.sorry for the off topic.

Last edited:

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
The Phase 2 TDMA isnt even mentioned in the flyer... so its a maybe / unknown much as the 800 is...

The remote head looks cool can be used remote or as a regular scanner.. no need for an extra head unit purchase and no extra power cables other then the head cable/connection

the 2 magnets on the back of the head is smart... although will work better in my old car then the new plasticy car

Kel

Just wondering if we will be able to use the same software as the 800 to transfer information to the SD card for the 900?

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
So, what's the benefit of the remote head?

To keep from mounting the radio in a dash and routing wires and speaker cables in the dash. You could put the radio in a secure box and just have the head to worry about. Keeping the radio toward the back of a vehicle can also give more separation from all the electronics that can cause spurious signals and interference, and It gives you more options for mobile operation.

Last edited:

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Just wondering if we will be able to use the same software as the 800 to transfer information to the SD card for the 900?

I suspect your going to see a EZ-Scan 900 digital program similar to the other models that have already been released with the same file management and database features.

Kel

With regards to the remote head,is there also a speaker in it to,I have not much to do with them except for seeing the Uniden 996"s unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.