Used PSR-800 but concerned about GRE's restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtlJohn

I found a used PSR-800 for $300.00. It looks brand new and the owner has taken great care of it. This will be my first scanner. My biggest concern is support. Would I be better of getting a uniden HP that has a warranty that I know will be covered, am is everyone confident that GRE will be around for some time to support their product? Like I said, this will be my first scanner and I would hate to be stuck with a 300 paperweight if I am no longer able to do updates or have any issues with it.

Any assistance and information would be greatly appreciated for this newbie.

Thanks,

morrisr3nd

Just kind of taking it all in
Premium Subscriber
AtlJohn,

If you are getting the scanner used then chances are it is out of warranty. GRE here in the US will still be servicing their equipment and doing repairs as necessary. I wouldn't worry too much about that. That's a great deal on that scanner and it will cover just about anything that you might want to hear.

Good luck with it.

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
Either one HP-1 or PSR800 are great scanners.. If you're looking for an EASY to operate (re arrange talkgroups, scanlists ) and you want to use it as a base / home scanner, the HP-1 is the better one for you.

The PSR800 has more features like Phase II P25 reception where the HP does not...
For $300.00 take it... If you don't like it, sell it on EBAY for $350.00 and everybody wins!!

Status
Not open for further replies.