GRE PSR 500 vs PRO 106 Audio Quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRO64

Hi I was wondering if anyone has ever done a comparison of the audio quality of these two scanners? I noticed the GRE PSR 500 has the speaker on top compared to the PRO 106 which has the speaker on the bottom, Did GRE do this to improve the audio? Any comments would be appreciated.

Thank you and Merry Christmas to all !

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hi I was wondering if anyone has ever done a comparison of the audio quality of these two scanners? I noticed the GRE PSR 500 has the speaker on top compared to the PRO 106 which has the speaker on the bottom, Did GRE do this to improve the audio? Any comments would be appreciated.

Thank you and Merry Christmas to all !

I have no clue if GRE changed speaker placement for a reason, but I seem to remember reading a comment that the GRE has a little lower tone to its speaker than the pro-106. I like the sound I get from my pro-106 at any rate. ;)

73 & Happy Holidays,
n9zas

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
I always thought they put the PSR-500's speaker to the top to make it look more like a Motorola portable. Maybe they tried to make it appeal more for public safety users.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I always thought they put the PSR-500's speaker to the top to make it look more like a Motorola portable. Maybe they tried to make it appeal more for public safety users.

I could see an advantage if it was in a leather case. :)

73 & Happy Holidays,
n9zas

ampulman

I have a 106 and find that when holding the radio (cupped at bottom), I'm able to perform many functions with my thumb (up/down, numbers, ent, pause. Most useful when doing searches.

Amp

ratboy

Premium Subscriber
I have both and there is enough of a difference that I can usually tell which one is which when I have both of them side by side hearing the same thing. It's pretty slight, and I can't really say I prefer one over the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.