GRE Support / On Line Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrumpyAeroGuy

Premium Subscriber
I have had a submitted ticket open since Monday with GRE. No response. This is terribly unusual---they have been "Johnny on the spot" in my past ticket experiences.

I also noticed their on-line store is "temporarily closed for updates and/or site mantenance" and has been since, at least, this past Monday.

Thought I'd order a battery cover and new battery holder, just to have a few spares laying around given what has been publicized regarding GRE's woes recently.

Doesn't appear to be too encouraging to me....:confused:

anyone have any insight beyond this observation?

ther0ck

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I have had a submitted ticket open since Monday with GRE. No response. This is terribly unusual---they have been "Johnny on the spot" in my past ticket experiences.

I also noticed their on-line store is "temporarily closed for updates and/or site mantenance" and has been since, at least, this past Monday.

Thought I'd order a battery cover and new battery holder, just to have a few spares laying around given what has been publicized regarding GRE's woes recently.

I submitted an email to GRE earlier tonight. while it's too early to call anything, I'd suggest giving it until next week.

ALSO, Most major GRE dealers are now INCREASING the prices on the 800. either GRE is not allowing orders in order to protect the remaining stock, or GRE has gone under without any public notification

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber

The only "offical" news would be in this thread:

http://forums.radioreference.com/co...e-america-information-thread.html#post1856879

Anything else would be just guessing at this point.

GrumpyAeroGuy

Premium Subscriber
ALSO, Most major GRE dealers are now INCREASING the prices on the 800. either GRE is not allowing orders in order to protect the remaining stock, or GRE has gone under without any public notification

I can see dealers cranking up the price if there is demand and they have tried to get more stock, and have not been successful. Makes sense.

I find this all somewhat unfortunate. Good Product, good company and excellent support --- appearing to be withering away.

jackj

Nothing since the original announcement in the 'official' thread. I am afraid GRE is going the way of the Edsel.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
ScannerMaster has pulled all GRE scanners from their website, except for the 600 and 800 which they are still showing as in-stock. That seems like a pretty drastic move, rather than just setting them to out-of-stock.

bfletcher

Premium Subscriber
I first considered a PSR-800 a few weeks ago and was "playing" on their site at that time and found that the online store was temporarily closed then, too. I later ordered the 800 elsewhere and had no real need to explore the online store any further but, now, after reading your post, I'm finding that I can add items to my cart and it appears as though I could finalize the checkout process.

Since Monday was a holiday, and given the fact that they posted the EZ Scan V1.08 software in the public site on Wednesday, I would send another ticket if I were you---just in case some oddity occurred that your ticket did not post. Brian

quarterwave

"ALSO, Most major GRE dealers are now INCREASING the prices on the 800. either GRE is not allowing orders in order to protect the remaining stock, or GRE has gone under without any public notification"

So just for a moment of clarity...why would any business with a product to sell NOT allow orders and/or RAISE the price only to PROTECT their stock? PROTECT it from what? Being bought and creating revenue? This is kind of a silly statement. Demand will normally raise prices, but hoarding stock when people are willing to buy makes no sense...I hardly think this is the case.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
My ticket was opened on January 17th and as of today I've received no response. They (usually Mike)) used to be "Johnny on the spot" with at least an acknowledgement, even at night or the weekend.

GrumpyAeroGuy

Premium Subscriber
ScannerMaster has pulled all GRE scanners from their website, except for the 600 and 800 which they are still showing as in-stock. That seems like a pretty drastic move, rather than just setting them to out-of-stock.

Well, unless they inquired about re-stock from GRE, and, didn't get a response or were told that there "ain't none to be had".....

ScannerMaster isn't showing any RS 106s either.....hmmmmmmmmm

Edit: Just checked RS online. Pro-106 is on sale for $379.99, but showing Out of Stock on-line.....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

RS IS showing in stock in various stores within a 50mi radius of my ZIP...but, we all know how reliable THAT can be...:roll:

I have this wierd feeling that they are selling out existing stock (of the GRE built machines)...and... that'll probably be that....

Last edited:

ther0ck

Banned
"ALSO, Most major GRE dealers are now INCREASING the prices on the 800. either GRE is not allowing orders in order to protect the remaining stock, or GRE has gone under without any public notification"

So just for a moment of clarity...why would any business with a product to sell NOT allow orders and/or RAISE the price only to PROTECT their stock? PROTECT it from what? Being bought and creating revenue? This is kind of a silly statement. Demand will normally raise prices, but hoarding stock when people are willing to buy makes no sense...I hardly think this is the case.

think about this: the big 3: scannermaster, universal and another one, have raised the price. GRE and a select few others have not, doesn't that sound kinda strange????

If GRE hasn't raised the price, then that means there HAS to be a fair amount of stock. and why would universal raise the price the same day the GRE on-line store shuts down????

something is very wrong here but i do NOT know what it is

GRE-800

I'm glad i got mine last year its a GREAT scanner i had it in the car as a mobile and now its my base scanner i'm useing a Pro-197 in the car.

NYRHKY94

@Kevin C:

Straying off track from this thread, but couldn't help but notice your BC210XLT avatar. I have had mine since 1987 when I bought it new from RS. Still in service today with great audio.

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
GRE On Line Sales

I called a couple of weeks ago and asked about the On Line Store. I was told it was down and should be back soon. I was also told they would take phone orders so maybe call during business hours this coming week and see what happens.

ther0ck

Banned
I called a couple of weeks ago and asked about the On Line Store. I was told it was down and should be back soon. I was also told they would take phone orders so maybe call during business hours this coming week and see what happens.

Thanks Jim.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
@Kevin C:

Straying off track from this thread, but couldn't help but notice your BC210XLT avatar. I have had mine since 1987 when I bought it new from RS. Still in service today with great audio.

Yep, mine was purchased new from Scanner World in the mid-80's, still going strong today.

GrumpyAeroGuy

Premium Subscriber

Well, that's good news..... I will try to call this week. Hopefully this is the case

Status
Not open for further replies.