psr 800

Status
Not open for further replies.

govermentcheese

Premium Subscriber
Also when setting up the charger time in the manual it is not explained enough I am guessing the longer the time set is better or is it opposite..Thanks again for all the help..And also if I join the paid side will it download to the psr 800 . I seen all the types the site supports I did not see the psr 800 scanner suported.

govermentcheese

Premium Subscriber
Also I see niles michigan has been patched to michigan state police Police: Dispatch [Patched to MPSCS 13026) How do I go about getting this on my psr 800 . How can I exactly get this frequency only without having to download alot. I am join the paid side.

govermentcheese

Premium Subscriber
I figured this out and have it downloaded just dont here anything.mpscs 13026 is 11p619 alpha tag. But when I have the old frq 453.975 conventional all I here is digital stuff. I mean on the trunked side I should here somthing corect. Niles has changed to nextedge mode.

RadShackFan

Also when setting up the charger time in the manual it is not explained enough I am guessing the longer the time set is better or is it opposite..Thanks again for all the help..And also if I join the paid side will it download to the psr 800 . I seen all the types the site supports I did not see the psr 800 scanner suported.

Once you install the EZScan software, you can update the radios frequency library without having to pay anything. But that only works with the 800.

govermentcheese

Premium Subscriber
Thanks I joined anyway I figure I get alot of help here and information and I should do my part. Do you know when I download into ez software program And I moved things from the trunked side into scan lists and the delete then from the trunked side will it delete it from the scanlist also..

RadShackFan

Thanks I joined anyway I figure I get alot of help here and information and I should do my part. Do you know when I download into ez software program And I moved things from the trunked side into scan lists and the delete then from the trunked side will it delete it from the scanlist also..

Yes, even though you did something in the Trunked Tab, it is also affects the Scanlist tab. Here is what I did. I downloaded the software before I got the radio. I sat there and moved things around and basically "played" with it and learned how the software works. I did learn, very fast, to go to the General Settings tab and disable ALL the scanlists before trying to configure anything. I learned this the hard way because buried down the list (starting @ #151) are several lists that would populate with data when I was setting up my first lists ( #1 - #10). It took a couple of hours of playing to figure out the software. The day before my radio arrived I bought 2 micro SD cards and downloaded my configuration & scanlists to them.

The software appears confusing at first, but playing with it to learn helped me greatly.

Last edited by a moderator:

govermentcheese

Premium Subscriber
Do you know if you can set the scanner up so when you turn it on it starts scanning right away rather than go through the hitting the arrow key. I noticed when you set up the timed section meaning having you scanner come on at a certain time it will start scanning right away or you can set it up to go to the menu. This is in the timmed section . But just when you turn it on with the power button can you make it start scanning right away.

ther0ck

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Once you install the EZScan software, you can update the radios frequency library without having to pay anything. But that only works with the 800.

Sorry, but the EZ Scan software library update works with ALL GRE scanners

SquierStrat

no, im afraid it doesnt. there is absolutely no way for me to download information out of the database, and put it on my psr 500, using the psr 800s EZ scan software...

ther0ck

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
no, im afraid it doesnt. there is absolutely no way for me to download information out of the database, and put it on my psr 500, using the psr 800s EZ scan software...

LOL! there is an ez scan program for the PSR 500 on the GRE web site. sorry about that, should have been more specific with you

govermentcheese

Premium Subscriber
Figured this out . When you shutdown scanner when it is scanning when you turn it on it starts scanning again without the menu scenario.Just wish Niles Michigan was broadcasting more in the digital

SquierStrat

i did. The only thing related to the PSR 500 are firmware updates, and an instruction manual. As originally stated, the EZ Scan software is for the PSR 800 only.

Status
Not open for further replies.