Remaining In-Stock Inventory GRE PSR800

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramathorne

Yeah I was talking to them and there are OOS as of today
Not sure if they will be getting anymore or not, they may even find some more in inventory the way they work there lol...
But the price is a bit steep as they were $479 on a lot of sites before things went south with GRE

n8zcc

AES might be your best bet, they show inventory in all stores. Don't know about shipping to Canada but I don't know why they would not.

RDGDigital

GRE PSR-800 | E-Z SCAN ZIP CODE & PREPROGRAMMED DIGITAL SCANNER
Ham Radio Outlet has them in stock at several of their locations for $549.95 and they ship internationally, however they request that you call them first.

GRE PSR800: Ham & Amateur Radios - Equipment, Parts and Supply | AES
Amateur Electronic Supply has them in stock for $$499.99 and they also ship internationally. They request you contact them via email ( info@aesham.com ) for complete details.

https://www.scannermaster.com/GRE_PSR_800_Police_Scanner_p/30-501608.htm
Scanner Master has them in stock for $599.95 however I haven't found any information on their web site in regards to international shipping.

The way these are selling I wouldn't expect them to be available much longer.

ther0ck

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
AES might be your best bet, they show inventory in all stores. Don't know about shipping to Canada but I don't know why they would not.

AES has less than 20 now at the orlando store, sales this week have been brisk

pepsima1

Banned
Please everybody dont spend 600 bucks for the GRE PSR 800 it is not worth it. This scanner chews up batteries like there is no tomorrow. I bought one of these radios a year ago and sold it 1 month later. I paid about 425.00 for the radio and it still was not worth it. Now scanner master has them for 600.00 bucks what a rip off.

Please everybody don't let this highway robbery to keep continuing. Just wait for a while and there are going to be some new models coming down the pipe soon this year. Dont get me wrong I love GRE and I have the GRE PSR 600 and the Radio Shack Pro 106.......

These prices are just way to out of control. You will pay 600 bucks for a scanner and you will go through batteries like crazy. I even bought really expensive batteries and a really high end commerical grade charger which helped but not much.....

And also it does not come with any batteries and neither an A/C power cord either. What a rip. Also you will have to spend another 20 bucks for a better antenna too because the stock one sucks.....

bonk83

try shopwiscomm.com psr-800 for $459.99 but it don't say in or out of stock ships worldwide
toll free usa 866-579-1222 worldwide 262-649-1041

they are out of stock also

Last edited:

safetyobc

Please everybody dont spend 600 bucks for the GRE PSR 800 it is not worth it. This scanner chews up batteries like there is no tomorrow. I bought one of these radios a year ago and sold it 1 month later. I paid about 425.00 for the radio and it still was not worth it. Now scanner master has them for 600.00 bucks what a rip off.

Please everybody don't let this highway robbery to keep continuing. Just wait for a while and there are going to be some new models coming down the pipe soon this year. Dont get me wrong I love GRE and I have the GRE PSR 600 and the Radio Shack Pro 106.......

These prices are just way to out of control. You will pay 600 bucks for a scanner and you will go through batteries like crazy. I even bought really expensive batteries and a really high end commerical grade charger which helped but not much.....

And also it does not come with any batteries and neither an A/C power cord either. What a rip. Also you will have to spend another 20 bucks for a better antenna too because the stock one sucks.....

I disagree. I love my 800. I get long battery life. Works great. I recommend it. I also like the BCD396XT so I am not just a GRE guy.

pepsima1

Banned
I disagree. I love my 800. I get long battery life. Works great. I recommend it. I also like the BCD396XT so I am not just a GRE guy.

I spent huge bucks on buying POWEREX batteries and a commerical grade charger and maybe got 4 to 5 hours max maybe if I kept the light disabled and alet LED lights and sometimes less. I even read on the forum about changing the voltage settings and it did not help. Also, had to have GRE ship me a new faceplate because the paint wore off in the first couple of hours programming the new scanner. On my PRO 106 with the same POWEREX batteries I get 12 to 15 hours with no problems and sometimes more depending on the life of the batteries. Thats a real radio hands down.

Trust me I have owned both so there is nobody out there that can dis-agree with me. Just save your money for a new updated one coming soon.

bfletcher

Premium Subscriber
Okay; I will not disagree but I've had my PSR-800 for about 1 month now and I get greater than 15 hours of use from my NiMH batteries--backlight on, LED on, record on, volume cranked. On two instances where I lost power at 4-5 hours it was because one battery drained prematurely. I conditioned it and then it worked fine. And I suspect the battery alert values have nothing to do with the actual current drain. Brian

SquierStrat

Please everybody dont spend 600 bucks for the GRE PSR 800 it is not worth it.

well, if your county/agency is using tdma, or x2 tdma, and you want to listen to them, then the psr 800 is your ONLY option. And to say "its not worth it" is just 1 persons opinion..

i cant understand the battery complaint. I use energizer rechargables from wal mart, with my universal charger i bought from radio shack 10 years ago. (nothing special) I use my psr 800 with the light on regularly (set to 30 seconds) and ALWAYS recording. the batteries in my psr 800 last just as long as they do in my psr 500.

ill admit though, i was a little disappointed with this being the first GRE scanner that doesnt include an a/c adapter.

Last edited:

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
I spent huge bucks on buying POWEREX batteries and a commerical grade charger and maybe got 4 to 5 hours max maybe if I kept the light disabled and alet LED lights and sometimes less. I even read on the forum about changing the voltage settings and it did not help. Also, had to have GRE ship me a new faceplate because the paint wore off in the first couple of hours programming the new scanner. On my PRO 106 with the same POWEREX batteries I get 12 to 15 hours with no problems and sometimes more depending on the life of the batteries. Thats a real radio hands down.

Trust me I have owned both so there is nobody out there that can dis-agree with me. Just save your money for a new updated one coming soon.

Oh? I've owned both and I can disagree with you.

icon_rolleyes.gif

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Well, I consider myself one of the bigger critics of the 800's battery life, because for the longest time, I couldn't get more than an hour or two out of the radio, regardless of the battery type, length on charge, backlight settings, volume level, or any other variables. However, as of firmware 1.8, I finally seem to be able to last at least a "day" (~12 hours) of use. So those of you above who are upset with battery life, update to the latest firmware & DSP, and give it another shot.

ther0ck

Banned
Well, I consider myself one of the bigger critics of the 800's battery life, because for the longest time, I couldn't get more than an hour or two out of the radio, regardless of the battery type, length on charge, backlight settings, volume level, or any other variables. However, as of firmware 1.8, I finally seem to be able to last at least a "day" (~12 hours) of use. So those of you above who are upset with battery life, update to the latest firmware & DSP, and give it another shot.

The biggest battery drainer is the speaker volume and the backlight. The LED's draw less than 1/4 of what the speaker and the backlight does.

Status
Not open for further replies.