Using "Dupe" on PSR-600

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwilcox1951

Premium Subscriber
I can use an assist if someone has the time. I'm trying to "Dupe" a P-25 digital system. The system I'm working with has two sites, north and south. They share talkgroups across both systems. I have one system completely programmed in the radio. I have been using manual, finding my original TSYS in scanlist 1, pressing "Dupe", which brings up a copy of my original TSYS. I go into program mode and change the parameters I want to change for my "new" system and after saving the new control channels and scan list number I discover that the new scan list number doesn't save, but instead it reverts to the original scan list number. This in effect overwrites the info in my original TSYS. So in summary, it seems that I can never have an original and a modified copy. What am I doing wrong?

Mike_G_D

Using software like WIN500 this is pretty easy but I think you are asking how to do this manually with the radio's keypad. If so, make sure that you change the TSYS to the desired new TSYS using the right and left scroll arrow keys or select NEW if you haven't created it yet before you save. The scan lists are really memory pointers and not actual memory locations which is why you can have a talk group or conventional frequency belong to multiple scan lists and not really use up any more than one actual memory location. Scan lists do not by themselves determine a new TSYS and they will not point to a whole TSYS only conventional frequencies or trunking talk groups. You have to create a new TSYS separately (or use the NEW function for the TSYS when in DUPE mode).

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.