Not hearing P25 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

squeekypete

I have been trying to get my scanner to hear the digital system here in Mpls.,MN. It will not show trunking or the d on the display.I have all of the digital and analog listings in my scan lists and they show up with in the show objects list on the screen,I have formatted the sd card and reinstalled everything fresh but no luck.I
need someone to point me in the right direction.

govermentcheese

Premium Subscriber
help with p25

I hope this helps I have all the agc modes off in the settings mode and also as you sroll down in settings to expert mode all agc modes shut off hope this helps... chuck..

squeekypete

no digital

I do not have any attenuation turned on.It is deaf as a brick on the digital side of the radio.I am also a ham operator so I am very familiar with complicated radios.I have been using scanners for 20+ years.I keep thinking I might of missed something in the set up but the digital stuff was working at one time.

troymail

Silent Key
Couple of suggestions to get assistance:

- be specific about which system you are trying to listen to (ARMER?)
- you may want to ask for help in the Minnesota forum; there you will get assistance from others (trying) to listen to the same system (they can tell you how it is working for them and provide more specific help).

If it is ARMER you are trying to listen to, you really want to limit the number of "sites" you have programmed in your scanner. In fact, you may want to start by loading a single "site" that is closest to your location.

There are many other potential suggestions....

blue5011

I do not have any attenuation turned on.It is deaf as a brick on the digital side of the radio.I am also a ham operator so I am very familiar with complicated radios.I have been using scanners for 20+ years.I keep thinking I might of missed something in the set up but the digital stuff was working at one time.

I felt the same exact way 2 years ago, when I purchased a 996XT. The best advice I could give you would be to find someone w/ a ready-made file for MN that you can upload to your scanner. You do have a cable and program to upload a file to your scanner, don't you? Once you see how the "channels/ sites" are used or programmed in you will figure it out.

Check out older threads in the MN forum (past year for sure) and I am sure you will come across one someone has posted. I have even seen people make "custom" files for fellow hobbyist's.

Here is what I am talking about. It is in the thread: Anyone want to help a noobie?

TRY THIS SCANLIST 6
Attached Files
File Type: doc ARMER.DOC (13.3 KB, 13 views)

Status
Not open for further replies.