PSR 500 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tramagod

I just got a new PSR-500 today. I hope I'm not asking a question that's already been asked, but I searched the forum site and couldn't find it. When going through the set-up menu on the radio, under TSYS types, it shows P25 Manual and P25 Auto. What's the difference in the two? I've never seen them labled that way in the databases. Thanks for any help in this matter,

Randy, N5PMK

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I just got a new PSR-500 today. I hope I'm not asking a question that's already been asked, but I searched the forum site and couldn't find it. When going through the set-up menu on the radio, under TSYS types, it shows P25 Manual and P25 Auto. What's the difference in the two? I've never seen them labled that way in the databases. Thanks for any help in this matter,

Randy, N5PMK

There is an explanation of those terms on page 103 of the owners manual.

Tramagod

Well, at the price I gave for this radio you'd think it would come with a printed manual like it's less expensive little brother, the Pro-106, unfortunately, that's not the cae. It was provided in PDF format on a cd, but I just love a paper manual to leaf through. Guess I'll have to break out the CD and download the manual to my desktop.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Well, at the price I gave for this radio you'd think it would come with a printed manual like it's less expensive little brother, the Pro-106, unfortunately, that's not the cae. It was provided in PDF format on a cd, but I just love a paper manual to leaf through. Guess I'll have to break out the CD and download the manual to my desktop.
From the manual:
Use P25 AUTO for most Project 25 systems that send channel table information over the system control channel. Use P25 MANUAL if it is necessary to manually set the channel table information or if you wish to use the default 800 MHz table data.

Basically, I believe that there are a few systems, mostly military (I think) that don't have the table information needed on the control channel stream. Those would be "P25 Manual". The vast majority of the systems encountered would track perfectly well using Auto.

Tramagod

Thanks Steve, I really appreciate it. Much more useful info than referring me to a manual I don't have when it would have been just a s easy to give me the info like you did. You're the man.

Status
Not open for further replies.