psr 800 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

home121

?When you hook up the psr800 to the computor to upgrade the dsp and cpu . the screen on the radio says boot ver.1.00 and under it says 1.8, after doing the upgrade should"nt it say 1.3 and 1.8 thanks home, question 2 how do i get to the page where i can check off moto alternating voice and control channels in the EZ software.

Last edited:

bfletcher

Premium Subscriber
Per the setup procedure:

When the upgrade is complete, the scanner will power itself off and display the clock
on the screen. To confirm the upgrade, power the scanner on and press the MENU
key when the welcome message appears after the GRECOM logo. The uP Appl Ver
line should show 1.7. And on another line the DSP App Ver line should show 1.3.

I don't understand your next question but when running the EZ Scan software, under the Advanced tab did you place a check mark next to Show Trunked Radio Systems Tab? Once that is set, you will have access to the Trunked Radio Systems tab on the bottom.

MK

The correct versions are 1.3 and 1.8.

You should see these versions in the Automatic Update Check dialog box.

home121

alternating voice and control channel

Per the setup procedure:

When the upgrade is complete, the scanner will power itself off and display the clock
on the screen. To confirm the upgrade, power the scanner on and press the MENU
key when the welcome message appears after the GRECOM logo. The uP Appl Ver
line should show 1.7. And on another line the DSP App Ver line should show 1.3.

I don't understand your next question but when running the EZ Scan software, under the Advanced tab did you place a check mark next to Show Trunked Radio Systems Tab? Once that is set, you will have access to the Trunked Radio Systems tab on the bottom.

O"K thankyou answered my 1st question, Next question is im listening to a motorolo system that uses a alternating voice and control channel, heres the ? how do i get to the page to check that option. the only way i:ve been able to get there is when i click on upgrade libary, it would show the option for alternating voice and control channel, however now that i:ve upgraded library it dosent let me get to that page ?Thanyou for your help with the 1st problem,it shows 1.3 and 1.8 perfect. Anyone have any ideas on 2nd problem?

bfletcher

Premium Subscriber
I probably lack familiarity with your dilemma; you aren't per chance referring to what I've attached, are you?

Attachments

• ezscan1.jpg
    ezscan1.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 294

home121

No ive got all that, im monitoring coleman fed prison,its motorola p25. And theres a page where you can checkmark motorola alternating voice and control channels in the EZ software, When you check upgrade from library onthe left hand side. But im allready upgraded for this week so i cant get to thet page to check it on.And i cannot figure out how else to get there. Thanks for the help bflecher

IowaGuy1603

Do you mean on the Library Import page-------------------------------------(go to the Library Import tab and click help on that page)

Unsupported and Encrypted Talkgroup Options:

These options apply to talkgroup objects that are either in an unsupported digital format or are marked as encrypted in the library database files. These options control how these talkgroup objects are handled during the import process.

The following options are available in this area:

Import encrypted and unsupported talkgroup objects:
If this option is selected, the application will automatically select for import all talkgroups that are in a digital format not supported by the scanner or marked as encrypted in the library database. The import options will be controlled by the options below.

Importing unsupported or encrypted talkgroups may be desirable if you are planning to use the talkgroup wildcard option on the imported system

If this option is not selected, any unsupported or encrypted talkgroup will be skipped and not imported or updated during the import process.

Lock out the talkgroup object:
This option is only available when the Import encrypted and unsupported talkgroup objects option is selected.

With this option selected, the imported unsupported or encrypted talkgroup object will be locked out. This will stop the scanner from selecting this talkgroup while scanning, and also prevent the talkgroup wildcard from displaying this talkgroup.

If this option is not selected, any unsupported or encrypted talkgroup objects that are imported from the library database will not be locked out. In this case, if the talkgroup object is a member of an enabled scanlist, and the talkgroup becomes active, the scanner will attempt to monitor this talkgroup. Note that this is not the case on some system types.

Do not assign talkgroup object to a scanlist:
This option is only available when the Import encrypted and unsupported talkgroup objects option is selected.

With this option selected, imported unsupported or encrypted talkgroups will not be assigned to any scanlists. This option reduces the number of items being displayed in the scanlist listing and prevents the scanner from attempting to monitor these talkgroup objects.

If this option is not selected, any unsupported or encrypted talkgroup objects that are imported from the Library database will be assigned to the same scanlists as any other imported talkgroup object.

home121

got it

Thankyo for your reply, i will try this and let you know if it works thanks again.

Thankyou you have been a great help. I can copy most trafic at this site, howerer when i looked at the custom site list i noticed there are only one set of numbers for the custom table, where there were about six before. Do you think this could be a problem. only table 00 has any numbers in it, i have no idea where the others numbers went? any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.