PRE 800 display question re: EZ Scan

Status
Not open for further replies.

losman54

what do I need to turn on in EZ Scan so that I can see the frequencies displayed on the scanner...thanks in advance

losman54

Thanks, I knew about that, but I'm confused as to which option needs to be turned on. I'm mostly concern with conventional freqs line 3 and line 5 (I see that you need to have the display in the advanced mode first though in the general settings)

in line three I have the TGID and Alpha option selected
in line four I have the radio ID (digital) selected

Do you think that is correct

n8zcc

Thanks, I knew about that, but I'm confused as to which option needs to be turned on. I'm mostly concern with conventional freqs line 3 and line 5 (I see that you need to have the display in the advanced mode first though in the general settings)

in line three I have the TGID and Alpha option selected
in line four I have the radio ID (digital) selected

Do you think that is correct

Here is how mine is set up for both trunking and conventional, I get frequency (and control channel frequency for trunked) for both:

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 313

SCPD

QRT
go up to the top where it says Advanced, make sure Conventional is checked click on that and it will show all and ONLY Conventional frequencies.

losman54

Thanks all,...n8zcc I think I like you setup. I played around with it this morning but I like yours better ...thanks

losman54

I have noticed that the freq number goes away when the chatter is not going on; I was hoping to have the freq to be continued to be displayed when paused and when not chatter is not going on. Is there a setting allows you to see the freq when paused and no chatter/communication is being aired?

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Are you referring to TGIDs? If you are, then the issue with that is the whole concept of a trunked system. There is never a guarantee that it will be the same frequency each time a user keys up on that TG. If you aren't, then you can completely disregard this reply.

jkahn

Very good looking Member
Premium Subscriber
I have noticed that the freq number goes away when the chatter is not going on; I was hoping to have the freq to be continued to be displayed when paused and when not chatter is not going on. Is there a setting allows you to see the freq when paused and no chatter/communication is being aired?

The screen auto matically returns to a blank state when no communication is being received, otherwise it would lock up the scanner when scanning. If you set "record" on, you can review the file later and see the data for that conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.