Gre 800 Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

johncoleman

Can anyone please tell me what is the program cable model / cable number on this scanner as I dont have the cable to program it . I also was given an M-75 low noise wide band pre Amplifier What is that please ? I know the guy paid 200.00 for it

Does anyone out there have a little free time so I can call you and help me program it please . I have free calling .

Thanks In advance John

fire42man

The M-75 Pre Amplifier, is designed to amplify radio signals without having to use an antenna that does the same. It is connected between the antenna and the receiver, and based on the price you gave, it sounds like a good quality preamp.

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
M-75 Pre amp

Does it look like this?
Jim M75 Pre-Amplifier

If so read the description. It amplifies weak signals and it's gain is adjustable as is it's band.

Can anyone please tell me what is the program cable model / cable number on this scanner as I dont have the cable to program it . I also was given an M-75 low noise wide band pre Amplifier What is that please ? I know the guy paid 200.00 for it

Does anyone out there have a little free time so I can call you and help me program it please . I have free calling .

Thanks In advance John

Sportster77

Premium Subscriber
You can use any USB to USB-mini cable to power the 800. Right now I am using the cord from my eReader to power mine and in the truck is the cable for my MP3 player.

wmetech1

Premium Subscriber
As Sportster mentioned, it's a standard mini-USB cable. The cable can be used for data/programming as well as charging/power (if you have rechargeable AA batteries in it). I just bought a spare from Monoprice--very inexpensive but reputable USA company. Check this link -- any of the cables listed under "USB 2.0 Cables - Mini-B 5pin Type" will work, though the ones with Ferrite cores will reduce interference.

As for programming, have you downloaded GRE's EZ Scan Software? It's really a breeze to program with, and there's a good deal of documentation as well. Feel free to PM me if you have any trouble.

You can use any USB to USB-mini cable to power the 800. Right now I am using the cord from my eReader to power mine and in the truck is the cable for my MP3 player.

Status
Not open for further replies.