psr 800

Status
Not open for further replies.

govermentcheese

Premium Subscriber
On my scanner in the scanlist after scanlist 150 it used to say multi dispatch law dispatch ect now it says scanlist 151 scan list 152 all the way to scanlist 200 . In the ez scan program it still says after scan list 150 multi dispatch law dispatch ect. How can I get the scanner back to the way it was. I have tried clicking the scanner /sd card to reprogram scanner the way the ez softwarre it is.. Is the a setting in the setting menu in the scanner I have set wrong .. Anyone that knows please help..

TedRHayes

In EZ Scan/General Settings tab, change the "Set Location" to ON.

The scanlist 151-200 are automatically set to the "Service Type" names if "Set Location" is ON. These are the scanlists that will be used if you perform a location based (ie By City, By County, By Zip Code) in Library Import. If "Set Location" if OFF, the automatic scanlist names are removed.

govermentcheese

Premium Subscriber
scanlists

Hello and thanks. It was on in the general settings tab. How do I get them back.. Matter of fact I had never turned it off. Cant figure out why it changed. Again can it be changed back..In my ez programming program when I click on the scanlists tab it is still there .. Dont know why it changed in the first place.

Last edited:

IowaGuy1603

Hello and thanks. It was on in the general settings tab. How do I get them back.. Matter of fact I had never turned it off. Cant figure out why it changed. Again can it be changed back..In my ez programming program when I click on the scanlists tab it is still there .. Dont know why it changed in the first place.

the latest upgrade to the software made the location based downloads the default

I have to change it back to Standard every time I upload new frequencies.

Do your next upload and check the Import Type as STANDARD in the library update tab...............you should get your 151-200 scan lists back to blank

Last edited:

govermentcheese

Premium Subscriber
I would like the scanlist 151-200 to say multi dispacth ect just like it did.How do I get it back . On the import thing you speak of can you please explain how to do this I did not see this. Again can I get the scanner to say what it did before. Multi dispatch law dispatch ect..Now I see 151 -200 just to say reserved.. How did this get changed in the first place???...

govermentcheese

Premium Subscriber
psr-800

Have tried to get it back like it was . Now it says after scanlist 150 reseved all the way to scan list 200 reserved. I would like it to say after scan list 150 multi dispatch law dispatch ect just like it used to . I am having no luck in this. Should I reset it like it was when it was new and start over or can I even do this. Can anyone please help me with this. If anyone knows please explain step by step. Thanks..on the general tab on ez software the set location is on was never turned off.. Why did all of a sudden I am having these issues.Thank again ..

govermentcheese

Premium Subscriber
I have been trying to get the scanner to say multi dispatch law dispatch like the scanner did before . The most i can get the scanlist to say after bank 150 is reserved.. Where did multi dispatch and hospitol and ham go Any sugestions ????... Help GREATLYFULLY APPERCIATED.

govermentcheese

Premium Subscriber
So I quess the multi dispatch and law enforcement and hospitol and ham and all the rest are gone for good. It now just says reserved..I must be doing somthing wrong cant figure it out.. Everyone have a nice day. Thinking about trest the whole unit.I hope restting the psr will return those after 150 scanlists back to the way it was..

troymail

Silent Key
Those categories are enabled/viewable when you have "Set Location" enabled in the radio's menu for the VScanner/Folder that is currently active It can also be enabled via EZ Scan....

Those scanlists are only are populated when you perform a location-style import.

govermentcheese

Premium Subscriber
psr800

Thanks I think I need to better understand the hand held scanning process. Also i see the virtual follder in the scanner menu but when I open it up there is nothing there ???.. Anyway thanks for your advice and time and Help.. Again I need to better understand..

IowaGuy1603

Also i see the virtual follder in the scanner menu but when I open it up there is nothing there ???..

That is because you have not created a virtual folder(s) yet

Yes, you really need to sit down and carefully read the entire manual (make sure you read it from inside the EZScan program as that is the newest edition) from front to back & then read the stickys on this forum about the 800

govermentcheese

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for all the help. I got them back not exactly sure how.. Working on firguring out the virtual folder in the scanners menu. When I click on this nothing comes up . It is empty. But back to the issue I did have I fixed and wanded to say thanks. Is there some way I can back up the scanner once I get it set the way I like. Again thanks...Everyone take care and be safe ...

IowaGuy1603

Thanks for all the help. I got them back not exactly sure how.. Working on firguring out the virtual folder in the scanners menu. When I click on this nothing comes up . It is empty. But back to the issue I did have I fixed and wanded to say thanks. Is there some way I can back up the scanner once I get it set the way I like. Again thanks...Everyone take care and be safe ...

A virtual folder is a totally new "profile" or set up

I have a virtual folder for the scan lists I use on a daily basis

I have a virtual folder for the scan lists I use when I take a trip to the NW part of my state

I have a virtual folder for the scan lists I use when I take a trip to the state capitol

and so forth.

you have to build those virtual folders.........Once again you need to read the manual as to HOW to do so

YES you can back it up...................simply buy a second micro card and using the EXScan software put your setup onto the second card and store it somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.