PSR-800 locking on EDACS control channnel

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Has anyone experienced any issues with the PSR-800 tuning (and locking on to) the control channel on EDACS systems when scanning a trunked EDACS system?

I'm noticing quite frequently that my PSR-800 will inadvertently tune to the control channel like it is a voice grant and lock on to it, requiring me to "resume" the scanning process. Any ideas?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
That's odd behavior for sure. Probably a dumb question, but is the CC frequency duplicated in the site frequency list as a different LCN?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Oh and, have you checked the system out in Unitrunker to see if the system itself is sending voice channel grants out to the CC's LCN for some reason?

radchuck03

Premium Subscriber
I just purchased and recieved a PSR 800. I no longer live in an analogue trunking or digital trunking area such as Southern California, due to the fact that I had to relocate due to the poor economy in my area. So, I suggest giving GRE in Belmont California a call and talk to customer support. I have an issue with the conventional channels which are pre-programmed and filtered out too strongly, thus only strong signals are recieved by my unit. Wish you luck. Other than that I like my PSR 800 scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.