PSR 800 record

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kel

Is there anyway I can tranfer the recordings to some place that I can save them,I recently came back from a holiday and there was over 19500 hits until the SD card become full.

jackj

You can transfer them to your computer. There may even be an audio program that will convert them to mp3 files but you will loose the synced data file function.

MK

You do not need any software other than your operating system to transfer recorded files. With a Windows computer connect a USB cable and then look in the REC folder. Another folder named 0000 is inside. Open that folder and you will see the audio files on the scanner. Double click them to play, or drag them elsewhere to your computer.

TedRHayes

Could you tell me how to transfer to EZ Scan.

Go to the "Audio" tab, select "Get List" (this should prompt you for the scanners "drive").

After it loads the recording records, you can select the records you want (or all of them), and then select "Move" or "Copy". This will move/copy the recordings to you hard drive. Typically the files are stored in the "Documents\EZ Scan Digital\Audio\..." directory tree.

Notes:
I frequently have the EZ Scan software "Crash" when I perform the "Get List". If I reload EZ Scan, then press "Rebuild Index" in the Audio tab, then try the "Get List" again, it will work.

I would also recommend you do this with the MicroSD card removed from the scanner and plugged in to a card reader. Reading directly from the Scanner via a USB cable is very slow - it almost acts like it transfers at USB-1 speeds - when reading from a card reader it transfers at USB-2 speeds.

troymail

Silent Key
You do not need any software other than your operating system to transfer recorded files. With a Windows computer connect a USB cable and then look in the REC folder. Another folder named 0000 is inside. Open that folder and you will see the audio files on the scanner. Double click them to play, or drag them elsewhere to your computer.

While this is certainly true, you lose alot of valuable information like date, time, length, talkgroup(s)/frequency, and radio IDs by doing this.... would really make it hard to play with/listen to 19,000 recordings.... The EZ Scan import captures and exposes all of this information.

Kel

Hi Troymail,I just go to Get list and is that all I do,I am new at doing this and I concerned I may corrupted my card or EZ scan it won't be my first time,let me know.

TedRHayes

Hi Troymail,I just go to Get list and is that all I do,I am new at doing this and I concerned I may corrupted my card or EZ scan it won't be my first time,let me know.

The risk of card corruption is relatively low. Even if the card is corrupted, it can be reformatted/replaced, and all your data can be reloaded using EZ Scan. EZ Scan stores your data on your hard drive - see the CDAT* directories in the "EZ Scan Digital" directory in your Documents.

I'd still recommend the MicroSD card be accessed through a card reader rather than through a USB cable connected directly to the scanner.

troymail

Silent Key

Yes - that's it. The only real risk of corruption come when you are done. Make sure you "release" the SD card from the PC before disconnecting.... That's usually where the corruption occurs.

And it is MUCH faster to program and/or transfer files by removing the SD card from the radio (after powering off!). Transferring 19000 files over the USB cable will take many hours.

MK

Last night card corruption occurred in the middle of updating my PSR-800 from EZ Scan. The radio became frozen with error message 03-01. The user manual describes this as a "General error initializing the file system." I reinserted the MicroSD card per the instructions, but it did no good. The scanner would not respond to commands from EZ Scan. I had to format the MicroSD card in my PC. That cleared the error. I then reformated the card within the scanner.

jackj

I hate to say it MK, but you are asking for trouble. The only time you should access the MicroSD card using the scanner is when you update/upgrade the scanner's firmware, those times when the card has to be in the scanner. You should use a card reader at all other times, either the one in your computer or an external one. EZScan will access the card in a card reader just as well as in the scanner and the data transfer is at least 10 times faster using a card reader.

Status
Not open for further replies.