PSR800,P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan_hfx

I upgraded the newest software last week, and since then I cannot hear my P25 broadcasts.
They come in as normal, but DG is not on screen and no voice. Can anyone tell me what I can do to get this back please. I have tried many things so far, and know it must be p25 turned off somewhere. I just cannot find it
Thanks very much
Regards, Dan

Swipesy

I upgraded the newest software last week, and since then I cannot hear my P25 broadcasts.
They come in as normal, but DG is not on screen and no voice. Can anyone tell me what I can do to get this back please. I have tried many things so far, and know it must be p25 turned off somewhere. I just cannot find it
Thanks very much
Regards, Dan

On the Trunked Systems Tab for EZ Scan for the System you are trying to monitor under TalkGroup details is the DMode set to Digital for each TalkGroup?

dgmaley

P25

Sorry to hear you are having P25 issues. There is no way to just shut off P25 in a PSR800. This radio is actually a regular CPU controlled analog scanner that has an audio DSP included that decodes P25 and control data. Two firmware installs are needed. One for the CPU and one for the DSP. Both have different install procedures and must be done together. Recommend you check version numbers and verify you have both new versions operating.
Check that you are using the newest install procedures listed on the GREAmerica web page.
and let us know how you do.

Dave..

IowaGuy1603

Sorry to hear you are having P25 issues. There is no way to just shut off P25 in a PSR800. This radio is actually a regular CPU controlled analog scanner that has an audio DSP included that decodes P25 and control data. Two firmware installs are needed. One for the CPU and one for the DSP. Both have different install procedures and must be done together. Recommend you check version numbers and verify you have both new versions operating.
Check that you are using the newest install procedures listed on the GREAmerica web page.
and let us know how you do.

Dave..

I tried to upgrade only using the DSP upgrade and had the same problem of not hearing P25----as soon as I did the CPU upgrade it worked fine

dan_hfx

Yes, I am trying to do the CPU upgrade, and it keeps saying we cannot find your scanner .
so, I did the other upgrade, but not cpu. just need to find a way for it to recognize my scanner
It found it on the DSP.

dan_hfx

It will not let me do a CPU upgrade. I followed the instructions
keeps saying my computer is not connected. Verrrrry frustrating

dan_hfx

I ended up loading program on my wife's computer, updating program
and then I the upgrade for cpu worked
I could not get it to work on my desktop.

Thanks for all your help
Dan

dgmaley

P25

both have windows 7

not sure why hers worked

Your computer would not work because it is infected by a special type of bacteria you may have head before.
It's been around for a long time but few people admit they have it.
It's called the 'Hellifiknow. Many people blame it for their problems, but few recognize it.
Dave...

Status
Not open for further replies.