PSR700 How to get user-defined trunked systems into the scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

mchaceortiz

Premium Subscriber
Hey Everyone

I've defined a couple of custom trunked systems on the "Trunked Radio Systems" tab of the GRECOM programming software and (I think) I've imported them to the scanner but I can't find them because they aren't connected to a state and I can't see where one can be added in the s/w.

What is the procedure for getting user-defined systems into the PSR700?

Cheers

--mco

fredva

Feed Provider
I have a PRO-18 which should be similar. It sounds like you may be looking for your custom trunked system by browsing the library on the scanner. Custom systems wouldn't be in the Radio Reference library. When you created your custom trunked system in the software, you should have put in at least one talkgroup (a wildcard or specific talkgroup) and assigned the talkgroup(s) to a scan list. If you did that, you should be able to find the talkgroup on the scanner by browsing objects. You can also enable the scan list containing your trunked system talkgroups to see if you pick up anything.

mchaceortiz

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Mike - I did what you suggested and added a single wildcard TG to each of the two new systems I added on the "Trunked Radio Systems" tab, assigned each to Scanlist 1 and imported to the scanner but still cannot see the two new systems on the scanner.

Any ideas?

radioman316

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Thanks Mike - I did what you suggested and added a single wildcard TG to each of the two new systems I added on the "Trunked Radio Systems" tab, assigned each to Scanlist 1 and imported to the scanner but still cannot see the two new systems on the scanner.

Any ideas?

Listen, You must first import the trunked system into a scanlist. THEN in the TRS tab, add the wildcard.

I might add that you will have to write down manually all new talkgroups that come up and then add them to the TRS via the software.

Status
Not open for further replies.