PSR800 Control Software?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK,off the bat I suppose this is a moot question,but Ill ask anyhow..

GRE has locked us out of any 3rd party options for
programing software.OK. In a authoritarian sort of way I get it...No sharing
import data from the on board library.

But Seriously.This radio's been out for quite a while.And to boot,GRE's
future is like a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that aint there.

Its frustrating that as far as development the 800 looks dead.No end of life
process started,but no more being made is never a good indicator.

Will GRE do the propper thing for their customers and if they are unable to -
Let 3rd parties expand the useability of this radio...

Which brings me to the control software..Its become industry standard at this point
that receivers (most,And all of GREs newer line) are controllable by computer. USB
is already there.

Seems like..by now they (GRE) would have realized that we want more.Guess im just venting
a bit , feeling frustrated by the limit of this radio-despite how much I like it and my
appreciation for its ability. I personally dont think its too much to ask for that basic
function.

GRE if your reading...Whats the deal?

dkf435

Since there is no serial mode for the 800 , only mass storage, it would probably take a major firmware revision like the HomePatrol Extreme upgrade. Many of the new radios can scan faster without a computer if they autosort for optimization on the channels in the list and by not having to take commands, tune, and report status of each frequency tuned. So you have to ask what more you want the radio to do, it scans, trunktracks, records and even has a discriminator tap.

David Kb7uns

jkahn

Very good looking Member
Premium Subscriber
When my PSR800 is connected to the computer, it is to update the database, or my programming. I really like the v-scanner feature, and between that and the scansets, I have the radio set up exactly like I always want my uniden's to be, with the addition of multiple scanner configurations for different areas I travel to.

The rest of the time it is hooked up is for reading the discriminator tap into one of my trunking programs to capture TGIDs and radio units, and this mode has no audio output.

If I were home enough to control a scanner from the computer, I would use my 396T or 996T, since they are mostly gathering dust since I got the HP-1 and the PSR800.
JK:)

OmahaBasil

Would be nice for when I host a feed and need to hold or change the channel remotely (not saying change the programming)

scosgt

Arc Patrol does virtual scanner which allows some but not all functions from the computer screen.

SCPD

QRT
Arc Patrol does virtual scanner which allows some but not all functions from the computer screen.
I can control the PSR-500/PSR-600 from software out there already but this thread is talking about the PSR-800. Arc Patrol is for the Uniden HomePatrol.

Status
Not open for further replies.