Where to buy PSR800

Status
Not open for further replies.

ausscan

Premium Subscriber
Hi all,
Any ideas where you can still buy a PSR800, there is a certain website who is quoting almost double the RRP and the only place I can find that might have stock.

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
As far as I can see, Scannermaster still has them although you will pay through the nose for one. This isn't really their fault, it's just supply & demand - they're raising the prices to astronomical heights "because they can".

There is always ebay too.

Looks like at this point it's a seller's market :(

Nasby

Sometimes you can find them in the classifieds here.

That's where I bought mine.

ausscan

Premium Subscriber
Will be keeping a close eye on the bay, thanks guys. Just gotta find one that will ship to AU

E-BAY..mate!..
Keep checking the newly listed..
alot of times you can snag new lists
at reasonable prices from sellers that
are in need of money..

shipping should be no problem,as long
as your paying for it!...

Cheers!

LIScanner101

E-BAY..mate!..
Keep checking the newly listed..
alot of times you can snag new lists
at reasonable prices from sellers that
are in need of money..

shipping should be no problem,as long
as your paying for it!...

Cheers!

Not true, some ebayers specifically state in their ads that they will not ship internationally.

Moose

PSR-800 gone from Scannermaster

Just checked their website and they show that the PSR-800 has been discontinued and can't be ordered. Looks like they sold out of their inventory.

pepsima1

Banned
My opinion is don't buy that crap. Dont drop 600 or 700 bucks on a radio to where their company GRE is out of business with no good support anymore. Can't get a hold of the company by phone or anything.

If you need to receive Phase II or X2-TDMA just wait until a company comes out with the latest and greatest radio if they ever do. Dont get taken advantage from online or ebay buying these cheaply made radios.

Another option is put your money into a commerical grade radio from Motorola. Its big money but worth it in the long run.

WILSON43

Premium Subscriber
Now that they are the only "game in town" I suspect you will see all of what the 800 had to offer and more in the next generation Uniden models.

LIScanner101

Now that they are the only "game in town" I suspect you will see all of what the 800 had to offer and more in the next generation Uniden models.

Why in the world would ANYONE think that?

Uniden could conceivably offer the most bare-bones scanner and expect us to LIKE it now. What are you going to if you don't? Turn to the competition? Oh wait, there is none.

They can now do as little as they feel they could get away with at this point.

KE4RWS

Motorola radio can't do *everything*

My opinion is don't buy that crap. Dont drop 600 or 700 bucks on a radio to where their company GRE is out of business with no good support anymore. Can't get a hold of the company by phone or anything.

If you need to receive Phase II or X2-TDMA just wait until a company comes out with the latest and greatest radio if they ever do. Dont get taken advantage from online or ebay buying these cheaply made radios.

Another option is put your money into a commerical grade radio from Motorola. Its big money but worth it in the long run.

The main reason enthusiasts don't buy a dedicated /\/\otorola transceiver for receive-only purposes is because they want a single unit that will do everything with more mainstream programming ability. Besides, much of the time people are scanning multiple trunking types, some of which an actual Motorola radio CAN'T do. It would require carrying around not only your regular scanner but a second radio as well.

While I completely agree there's nothing finer than a Motorola radio, it just doesn't make sense for most scanning enthusiasts to do what you suggested unless they just listen to a Motorola-only system. Then perhaps it's a good choice IF the person doesn't mind acquiring the necessary RSS/CPS and programming hardware, and of course learning to use it. If a person were to fit this scenario then I agree you wouldn't find a better method to monitor it.

KE4RWS

Ship to you or not . . .

Obviously he has never lived overseas. Many people will not ship outside the US. Flips those people "The Bird".

Similarly, I have encountered people outside the USA who wouldn't ship TO America. There have been several times I wanted to purchase items on Ebay from sellers outside the USA but they refused to ship to me here in Florida because they don't ship to the USA or "just because".

Unfortunately you run in to that sometimes but it's not something just us Americans sometimes do. Many people in other parts of the world do this as well.

It is maddening though, especially if it's something nobody else has and you *really* want it!! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.