Has GRE Closed??

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgmaley

I found this on one of the Amateur Radio forums. Can anyone verify?

GRE, Alinco has moved out of their office on 425 Harbor Blvd, Belmont, Ca. and their phone is disconnected

Dave
WA0ZZG

SquierStrat

i have no idea about the address, but i just tried calling the number, and a recording said their number has been changed to 510-991-0968

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
I travel to CA frequently and stay in Millbrae (due to proximity to SFO) but since my customer base is in Silicon Valley I drive south on 101. I will basically pass right by this address.

I won't be back there until the 15th but if this mystery isn't solved by then I'll stop in and see what's what.

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
I called the number and got about 100 rings and never heard a message. I tried the other number listed on this forum and just got a mailbox with no information stating it was actually GRE.

alexmahoney

Banned
I have sent off 5 scanners to GRE since the october post and got the last one back yesterday if that tells you an answer. My letter also was answered to the tune that GRE is not closed except for production

Sent from my SCH-R530M using Tapatalk 4 Beta

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
There are several threads around the time of that post. See all the posts by Craig (cpu_nut) and Don Starr.

bigcam406

I was at my local scanner shop yesterday picking something up,and the owner and I got on the subject of GRE being finished.take it for what its worth,but he heard from a reliable source that a bunch of the employees quit at the California location,and apparently 3 of them are trying to start their own distribution and warehousing.as for GRE itself (Japan),its a done deal.they are going to just stick with the Alinco stock.

burgman

GRE has closed its operation overseas. They need funding. From what I gather they are trying to receive funding and will be open in a few more months moving into another facility. GRE in American is still in operation however radios are not being produced at this time. The American offices are in the process of going to another location. This is why no one answers the phone at the present time. If everything goes as planned the date of full operation is Jan 2014. This is the info I received from my source.

SquierStrat

GRE has closed its operation overseas. They need funding. From what I gather they are trying to receive funding and will be open in a few more months moving into another facility. GRE in American is still in operation however radios are not being produced at this time. The American offices are in the process of going to another location. This is why no one answers the phone at the present time. If everything goes as planned the date of full operation is Jan 2014. This is the info I received from my source.

full operation, as in them starting production again? that sure would be nice, but is your source of information closer to GRE then the 2 people Upman mentioned??

Last edited:

alexmahoney

Banned
GRE Closed????

That would be highly doubtful.

Judging from the ONE-SIDED post in the yahoo groups as well as the tone and direction of the posters, I would not believe anything that says GRE is closed unless there is PHYSICAL information that the building has closed.

as far as any remaining scanners go, if GRE was completely closed, the remaining stock would have been pulled off the markets almost immediately. Scannermaster still has Psr-800's.

aharry

as far as any remaining scanners go, if GRE was completely closed, the remaining stock would have been pulled off the markets almost immediately. Scannermaster still has Psr-800's.

I doubt that, more likely the already exaggerated $700 price would be $1200.

Edit:
From scannermaster.com

GRE PSR-800 Police Scanner
Stock Status: (Out of Stock)
Product Code: 30-501608

Last edited:

alexmahoney

Banned
I'm guessing that the posts were one-sided because only one side is left.

if one side is left it's just a poor man's side UPMAN, because that post isn't nothing that proves that GRE is closed.

Nobody has shown any WRITTEN proof or physical proof that GRE has closed their buildings.

TES

if one side is left it's just a poor man's side UPMAN, because that post isn't nothing that proves that GRE is closed.

Nobody has shown any WRITTEN proof or physical proof that GRE has closed their buildings.

Perhaps you can provide the "physical proof" that GRE Japan is still manufacturing scanners.

alexmahoney

Banned
I doubt that, more likely the already exaggerated $700 price would be $1200.

Edit:
From scannermaster.com

GRE PSR-800 Police Scanner
Stock Status: (Out of Stock)
Product Code: 30-501608

Just because their out of stock isn't any 100% proof that GRE has completely closed. I would like to see actual written proof by one their CURRENT TOP people, not some under-staff.

My PSR-700 is complete trunk deaf, no LTR or any other trunk system can be heard. My settings, freqs, LCN's and talkgroups are all 100% fine.

it will scan conventional systems just fine but my currently entered trunks systems will not work at all, it's like the trunking capability has completely removed itself, also, the spectrum sweeper and the regular search will not stop on anything in the 800 Mhz range either.

I am getting more than annoyed right now and about to throw the thing against the wall if i can't get it fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.