PRO106/PRO18

Status
Not open for further replies.

boricuapatrol

Good day,does anyone know if the pro 106 or the pro 18 is capable of monitoring project 25 phase 1,if so which is the better radio,im trying to monitor cuyahoga county,and city of cleveland,i appreciate some help on that,thanks.

Sportster77

Premium Subscriber
I use both a Pro - 18. & a Psr - 800 to listen to both Cleveland & Lake county. I have no experiance with the 106.

Swipesy

Good day,does anyone know if the pro 106 or the pro 18 is capable of monitoring project 25 phase 1,if so which is the better radio,im trying to monitor cuyahoga county,and city of cleveland,i appreciate some help on that,thanks.

The Pro-106 is a clone of GRE PSR 500. The Pro-18 is a near clone of the GRE PSR 800 but missing some features such as Phase II monitoring and fewer ScanLists. I use the 500 and the 800 to monitor the systems you are interested in and both work fine so the 18 and 106 will work fine for you. However, keep in mind the Pro-106 is an older generation scanner and lacks the capacity of the 18. Also, the 18 has no numeric key pad and requires pretty much reliance on software to program (you must use the database to program because you cannot enter frequencies directly into the radio with no keypad).. The radio also contains the database. So your choice should be made on capacity and price. Both scanners will work for you.

John

Sportster77

Premium Subscriber
Also you may have a hard time finding an 18, a couple of weeks ago when RS put them on sale for $159.00 I checked availability thru a store in Mentor and the closest one was in Stow. Don't know if it is still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.