800 Programming - Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

W1JCW

I had the 800 working fine.

I went and imported a city that went to P25. Upon doing so I updated others cities too. Now none of the cities I had previously working receive traffic as they used to.

Is there a way to reset or delete all memories and start fresh ?

Unfortunately I did not save my previous config in an archive or I would just reload it.

The best way I see to load a city or area is go to the import tab and select the city, then which department you want PD or tac ect. Is this how you guys do it ?

How do you folks program yours ?

I've gone through the manual several times and have successfully programmed and had this working fine in the past.

Suggestions ??

Thanks

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Use the software Scanner/SDCard choice in the software to prepare the card for new data. Choose Prepare Scanner Memory/SD Card For Use and follow the prompts. Then use the Library Import to create the data to send to the card or scanner. All of the processes will be faster if you put the card in a USB adapter rather than leave it in the scanner.

W1JCW

Programming 800

Will this delete the existing imports on the SD card ?

Then copy this new config to the scanner ?

How do I delete or clean up the mess I have now ?

Swipesy

The procedure outlined by jaspence will completely wipe your memory card and you can start from scratch.

I import using EZScan - State - County - System - Site - and individually select Talkgroups. I also only select Control and Alt Channels. Be sure to save EZScan to your memory card once done importing.

W1JCW

The procedure outlined by jaspence will completely wipe your memory card and you can start from scratch.

I import using EZScan - State - County - System - Site - and individually select Talkgroups. I also only select Control and Alt Channels. Be sure to save EZScan to your memory card once done importing.

I'm not clear about how you select the control and Alt channels, How do you do this in what menu?

What does that do for you when scanning ?

Then you do a copy config to SD card after you've imported the library you want ?

Thanks guys

Gasman315

Premium Subscriber
I also had made the same mistakes. Now i keep a spare SD card with the last programmed information

W1JCW

I also had made the same mistakes. Now i keep a spare SD card with the last programmed information

Would an archive back up do the same thing and then you could restore that archive if you screwed
something up or the database became unstable ??

I am missing something since I imported a city to update things to P25.

Something is not selected or needs to be un-selected because all was fine until
I did an import for the city I listen to.

I need to play around more tonight.

Thanks

Swipesy

I'm not clear about how you select the control and Alt channels, How do you do this in what menu?

What does that do for you when scanning ?

Then you do a copy config to SD card after you've imported the library you want ?

Thanks guys

On Screen Shot 1 select Import Options button.

On Screen Shot 2 on bottom of screen Import only Control Channels.

Those are the only Channels you need to receive transmissions on a Trunked System.

Once you are done with the EZScan setup click on Scanner/SD Card Tab and then copy configuration to SD Card

Last edited:

W1JCW

Cannot pull up Import options

On Screen Shot 1 select Import Options button.

On Screen Shot 2 on bottom of screen Import only Control Channels.

Those are the only Channels you need to receive transmissions on a Trunked System.

Once you are done with the EZScan setup click on Scanner/SD Card Tab and then copy configuration to SD Card

I'm using V1.8 EZscan and I don't see how I pull up shot 1 Import options.

I see import library at the bottom, then do i select the city for import ?

Could I have more detail steps. I'm missing something.

Thanks

W1JCW

Import pic attached

See the attached image. The import option is not available when I select the city to import.

Do I need to check something else for import option to show ?

Thanks

Attachments

• Import_1.jpg
    Import_1.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 233

Swipesy

You don't see the Import Options tab because it is not available when you use the By City Import method. I only use the Standard Import Method. In your particular case it doesn't matter since you are importing an EDACS System which requires all the System Frequencies.

Based upon your screen shot you should be good to go. Just be sure that you have selected a Scan Set on the Advanced Features Tab at the bottom of EZScan and that your Scan Set includes the range of ScanLists you are using. With that, you should be then able to copy the configuration to the SD Card in the radio and be able to hear the Rockwall system.

W1JCW

You don't see the Import Options tab because it is not available when you use the By City Import method. I only use the Standard Import Method. In your particular case it doesn't matter since you are importing an EDACS System which requires all the System Frequencies.

Based upon your screen shot you should be good to go. Just be sure that you have selected a Scan Set on the Advanced Features Tab at the bottom of EZScan and that your Scan Set includes the range of ScanLists you are using. With that, you should be then able to copy the configuration to the SD Card in the radio and be able to hear the Rockwall system.

Is there an advantage to use the the Standard Import Method over City ??

What is the difference between these two import methods what does one show or use over the other ?

If I recall previously I did use the standard method and that's what the difference is since I tried to run some
updates in that I used it by city this time and not standard.

Thanks.

Swipesy

I don't know the answer to Standard vs City. Very early on after the release of EZScan there were several postings on RR about the best way to import data. Somewhere in those discussions someone made a case that using the Standard was a better method but I don't recall what the reasoning was. I just have always used Standard and never had an issue. Perhaps others on here with a better memory will chime in.

IowaGuy1603

Is there an advantage to use the the Standard Import Method over City ??

What is the difference between these two import methods what does one show or use over the other ?

If I recall previously I did use the standard method and that's what the difference is since I tried to run some
updates in that I used it by city this time and not standard.

Thanks.

You have a lot more control over what is imported

Import by city gives you pretty much everything that is available by that city (zip code)

Standard import makes you choose what frequencies/stations you are importing

When the software was upgraded one time it defaulted to import by city.......................it took me several days of searching before i could get my old standard back so I could re-format and get back to my easier way

W1JCW

Use the software Scanner/SDCard choice in the software to prepare the card for new data. Choose Prepare Scanner Memory/SD Card For Use and follow the prompts. Then use the Library Import to create the data to send to the card or scanner. All of the processes will be faster if you put the card in a USB adapter rather than leave it in the scanner.

I still see the old scan list, shouldn't these all be gone and just the one city I've imported ?

After I run " Choose Prepare Scanner Memory/SD Card For Use "

Should I copy the blank SD card to the scanner or something so that there should be no previous data ?

Status
Not open for further replies.