EZ Scan update

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackj

Using EZ Scan v 1.08 and I get Socket Error #11002 when I try to check for a Library update. Everything on my computer works except for EZ Scan. I did a search for this error and found a recommendation to run under a command prompt (as administrator) "sfc/scannow". No errors found. Before I uninstall and reinstall EZ Scan, is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks
Jack

JERRYBIGJ

Using EZ Scan v 1.08 and I get Socket Error #11002 when I try to check for a Library update. Everything on my computer works except for EZ Scan. I did a search for this error and found a recommendation to run under a command prompt (as administrator) "sfc/scannow". No errors found. Before I uninstall and reinstall EZ Scan, is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks
Jack

For the last couple of days I have been receiving Socket Error #11001 Host not found when I check for any kind of updates on this program. Was working fine before so think there is a problem with their update site.
Jerry

robnj74

Premium Subscriber
I also get Socket Error #11002 but using the iScan software v1.02 for the Pro-18.. Perhaps support has finally run out for the updates?

Rob
K2RJJ

gbearit

Premium Subscriber
EZ Scan

I too am not able to update EZ Scan. I have tried it on two different computers using two different internet connections. My guess is the support for the updates are down.

jackj

Thanks to all. I guess I'll not reinstall EZ Scan after all. Maybe just a glitch in the update site or maybe as Rob suggests, the end has arrived for the updates. I'll wait until Sunday before I start getting hyper.

DJ11DLN

Hopefully he is just busy and will get it back up as soon as he has time. I had to do one of those dreaded format/reloads of the machine with iScan on it and got stung by the same bee. At least my Pro-18 is working presently...thankful for small favors. But then the -800s and -18s can be done manually, if needed; I'm not looking forward to it, but that's better than them turning into paperweights.

tomdangelica

pro-107 iscan error 11002

well, I thought it might be a problem with the database, but when I didn't see any posts yesterday, I decided to reinstall my iscan software. BIG MSTAKE because now I am stuck with the software that came in the box years ago, and an outdated database. Now im out of luck until the problem is solved. The nice conventional frequency tab they added a few yeas ago is not in my original version either, so this scanner will be very tough to use for a while. just thought I would warn people not to go uninstalling their iscan software. I don't even know where to find a new verion besides the update button within the software itself. any suggestions on how to at least get the lates software for a pro-107? sorry if this is the wrong forum.

pinhead

pro 18

on my pro 18,,, I got from over stock it say,s ,,,boot ver:rf 1.0 ,,,app ver :ru1.3 ,,,is this the latest ,, any one no ,,,thanks EARL

robnj74

Premium Subscriber
For the Pro-18 uP App Version RU1.3, DSP App Version R1.1, DSP VOC Version R1.6, RR Lib Version 371 are current.

Rob
K2RJJ

tomdangelica

ez scan psr-700 worked on pro-107

kind of good news, the ez scan I downloaded from grecom's support page worked on my pro-107 but the update still fails lust like iscan. at least I successfully manually entered in lots of frequencies and loaded them into my newly formatted sd card. feeling much better for now.

kd5vjn

Premium Subscriber
I don't suppose there is a way to update my pro 107's firmware during this event is there?

tomdangelica

no I don't think so. One thing I found is if you delete iscan from your computer and then try ez scan, you have to get rid of some folder that still had iscan stuff in it, and had to reformat the sd card. Ez scan is nicer than I scan because you can even save entire configuratios, whereas with iscan I had to keep working with the same one or else start over.

jackj

?????

Thanks
Jack

Does anyone know what's going on? Has Don S's contract to update the 800's expired? Is Whistler going to continue the updates for the old GRE units? Been a week now and the site is still down.

DonS

The server that supplies the updates is being transitioned from the old GRE America hosting to Whistler. It will likely be down for a few days.

update for the pro-107

I did a new library update on Thursday and I had no problems and check for a new firmware update it is still version 1.07 I have not try to download the new one yet.

jackj

Yes, thank you for the info Don. I wasn't sure if or when I'd be able to get another update. And thanks for your hard work keeping us up-to-date!
Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.