GRE Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

remtronix

Richard @ MTC is great. We along with Phil @ Kenwood were the first to support him when he started his business back on 2009. His first purchase from me was 10pcs of PSR-100s and Alinco DX-SR8s. One of the great and honest guys around. Infect he called me personally before making this purchase of GRE Scanners.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Wow, great price! Thanks for the heads up, I may have to pull the trigger...

n9zas

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
That is a nice price, and if you ask me, that's about what digital scanners should cost these days NEW. It seems ridiculous to me that all these years later we are still paying $500 or more for the same basic scanners albeit with a few new bells and whistles thrown in.

I would LOVE to see either Whistler or Uniden come out with a barebones digital trunker for around this price. Think about it, if the radio ONLY did 700/800MHz trunking and only decoded P25 (no analog rx even) this price point should be doable and now that we've had P25 scanners for over a decade I think it's time the prices started coming down. I'd certainly buy more than one digital scanner every 5-10 years if the price was half of what new units sell for now.

-AZ

pinhead

placed order on the 8th got GRE PSR 500 on 10th at am ,,,,,,great service from Richard at MTC,,,,,,nice an new ,,, $239 an free shipping ,,,an packed well,,

david271

I did the same... ordered on 10/8, received in my P.O. Box (Spokane, WA) on the morning of 10/10. I have figured out how to use it, and I've successfully programmed our local public safety (P25 trunking) and the state patrol (P25 non-trunking). BTW, I'm using the Starrsoft Win500 programming software (which is available for a 30-day free trial before you buy it for $35 -- I've used their programming software for many years for other scanners.

jack103

Premium Subscriber
Can't speak highly enough about Richards Main Trading Company, needed a second P-25 scanner for searching and backup auto use . Fastest order filling two days TX to MA arrived on time as promised great great customer service!!!!

Daleb49

Premium Subscriber
I ordered one on Friday the 10th to replace my Pro106 which is starting to show wear.
Can't wait for the new one to come.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
These are LIMITED quantity's of overstock/old stock GRE that were found at a distributor.
This is not a continuous sale / regular price.

I know a couple dealers in Canada getting limited amounts as well for the same price.

SCPD

QRT
That is a nice price, and if you ask me, that's about what digital scanners should cost these days NEW. It seems ridiculous to me that all these years later we are still paying $500 or more for the same basic scanners albeit with a few new bells and whistles thrown in.

I would LOVE to see either Whistler or Uniden come out with a barebones digital trunker for around this price. Think about it, if the radio ONLY did 700/800MHz trunking and only decoded P25 (no analog rx even) this price point should be doable and now that we've had P25 scanners for over a decade I think it's time the prices started coming down. I'd certainly buy more than one digital scanner every 5-10 years if the price was half of what new units sell for now.

-AZ

I would also like to see a 700/800 MHz trunking only would be so sweet!. With only 700/800, make the front end designed for only that band, improve selectivity and sensitivity and also a decent filter to get rid of offending signals that cause reception problems. Maybe improve P25 decoding but get rid of some of the bells and whistles that are on today's scanners. It obviously won't sell in area that don't use any 700 or 800 freqs, but most major cities and towns use that band exclusively for their P25 systems. Not having a scanner that has a ton of extra features should keep the cost down so a person could have a couple of them to monitor more. A scanner like this would be just perfect for my area, Minneapolis/St. Paul area where everything is on the statewide 800 MHz ARMER P25 system. I would have 10 of them if a scanner like that were available.

The scanner manufacturers like to make them as easy to use and have features that would make a consumer think now that's really neat!. Programming is the issue, especially with trunked systems so the concept of just entering the zip code where you are and voila all the systems or frequencies magically appear. So if its that easy, the average consumer who wants to listen to their local police will pay $500 for a scanner like. Uniden, Whistler, Radio Shack make more money going that route than sell a few at let's say half the cost to a select group of users. I consider myself the technical type and don't need the scanner to do anything automatically. Very good topic AZScanner!!

rfking123

Premium Subscriber
Status
Not open for further replies.