PSR-500/600 Firmware 2.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonS

An update to the PSR-500 and PSR-600 has been released. This version addresses the EDACS ESK detection problem discovered while monitoring the Denver Public Safety system (it may occur on other systems but, to my knowledge, it's only been reported on this one).

A ZIP file of the updater EXEs may be obtained from:
http://www.starrsoft.com/Public/scanner/PSR-500_Family_CPU_U2.3.zip

The ZIP contains three different updaters; which one you use depends on the particular version of PSR-500/600 you have. Read the .TXT file in the ZIP.

-Don

p.s. No PRO-106/197 version at this time. I don't have permission to release those.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
An update to the PSR-500 and PSR-600 has been released. This version addresses the EDACS ESK detection problem discovered while monitoring the Denver Public Safety system (it may occur on other systems but, to my knowledge, it's only been reported on this one).

The ZIP contains three different updaters; which one you use depends on the particular version of PSR-500/600 you have. Read the .TXT file in the ZIP.

-Don

p.s. No PRO-106/197 version at this time. I don't have permission to release those.

Thanks Don..... Good stuff!

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Thank you! Any updates are appreciated! Not sure but I think it helped my regular edacs system?

Last edited:

Ed6698

Thank you for the update. Updated my 500 no problem. I probably won't notice any difference as I only monitor 1 Edacs system at a relative's house when I go out of state, if there was a problem I never noticed it in the first place. Nice to see the 500/600 radios still can get updates!

Thayne

Even though it, (Edacs) may be short lived around Denver, I too want thank you for your work and spending the time to do it--I figured you might not feel like messing with it anymore

rfking123

Premium Subscriber
PSR 500 UPDATE!

-Don

And, it is good to be loved! Thank you!

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin

Don, is there a contact at RadioShack we can nudge about this? I have two each of the Pro-106 and Pro-197's to update.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Its mentioned it won't work on the 197 version of the 600 but will it work on the 652 version of it?

I'm guessing probably not but haven't seen anything on it one way or the other.

pinhead

Thanks DONS for all you have done for this hobby ,,,upgraded my gre-500 no troubles went smooth as butter ,,,thanks again DONS ,,EARL

Status
Not open for further replies.