Unable to use my PSR-800

Status
Not open for further replies.

colbrz1319

Premium Subscriber
I went to turn on my PSR-800 this morning. ERROR CODE 5-00 appeared immediately, upon powering up the radio. Checking the owners manual page, "5-00" is Unable to load config__.BIN. I lack the ability to fix this issue, due to my stroke in July of 2008. Anyone I can ship the entire scanner or the SD card to, to get me up and running again, would be most helpful. I receive Soc Sec -Disability each month to get by.

SCPD

QRT
I went to turn on my PSR-800 this morning. ERROR CODE 5-00 appeared immediately, upon powering up the radio. Checking the owners manual page, "5-00" is Unable to load config__.BIN. I lack the ability to fix this issue, due to my stroke in July of 2008. Anyone I can ship the entire scanner or the SD card to, to get me up and running again, would be most helpful. I receive Soc Sec -Disability each month to get by.

I would recommend given your circumstance to post in the NJ area forum .. to find someone local in your area that can be there physically to help you.

I think you really need 'a scanner elmer' that you can go to when needed.

Fixing this is a 2 min issue. But it sounds like you just need a helping hand and all the advice in the world is not going to do it.

Unless of course, someone comes up here that is willing to help. I am in Canada so I cannot help you.

Hopefully the moderators will have some empathy to your plight.

colbrz1319

Premium Subscriber
THANKS TO ALL.......

I got it up and running, with a second SD card, after trying the "battery removal" and "SD card removal" to no avail.Went to GREAMERICA site, and downloaded that, and having Windows 10 just downloaded on Thursday, I was blessed for it to "reset." Not sure, what got "corrected," considering Scannermaster, had just done an "upgrade" 3 months ago. Thanks to all, who replied. GOD BLESS.

SCPD

QRT
Interestingly .. I had that exact error today on my WS-1095 ... and a reprogramming of the SD card from the EZScan software fixed the problem.

I had to program the card 3 times for some reason .. I was not getting the little message box saying that the copying has been completed on the first 2 tries.

The third time .. it worked fine, and my 1095 is happy again.

To the OP .. I would ensure that you have a saved archive of your programming in a safe spot. That way you have a known good copy in case of any programming errors. You can do that from the FILE menu in the EZScan software.

jkahn

Very good looking Member
Premium Subscriber
This usually occurs when power is removed before turning off radio, such as power down computer or turning off car while USB cord attached to radio.

SCPD

QRT
This usually occurs when power is removed before turning off radio, such as power down computer or turning off car while USB cord attached to radio.

Not at all in my case .. I do not use the USB cable on my 1095. I use a card reader. Fortunately the solution is a simple reprogramming of the SD card.

Status
Not open for further replies.