PSR-800: EZ Scan On Tablet PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmkelm

Premium Subscriber
My desktop PC died after 12 years and I am left with a Windows 10 tablet. I do not have a USB CDROM drive and am looking for suggestions on how to get EZ Scan for my PSR-800 installed. I noticed that Whistler has EZ Scan software available for free download, but I also see that it will not work with a GRE scanner.

Any suggestions?

Mark

RDGDigital

GRE America Inc.

Are you just looking for the version of EZ Scan for the PSR-800? If so you can download it from the old GRECOM site above. Or, if you're looking for information on how to install it on a tablet, then I can't help you with that.

Last edited:

gmkelm

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the download location! I installed the app and it runs fine. Now all I have to do is get the ini file off the GRE CDROM and transfer it to the tablet and I can get started with the connection process/installation of my scanner so it can be updated.

Mark

gmkelm

Premium Subscriber
I've got EZ Scan installed and updated -and- my wife relented and let me install it on her Gateway Windows 10 laptop also.

However, I cannot get either of the computers to recognize the scanner when I plug the PSR-800 in to the computer via USB. In essence, nothing happens... Any suggestions?

Mark

gmkelm

Premium Subscriber
Thanks everyone for the suggestions, but I'm giving up on the tablet project. Installing the driver hosed the SD card. So I spent the rest of yesterday and today finding parts for and repairing my old Dell 8200 desktop.

Dell and PSR-800 are now both up and running and updated.

That was a long process...

Mark

gmkelm

Premium Subscriber
My Winbook TW700 running Windows 10 runs EZ-Scan great. After all the fussing getting the old Dell 8200 running again, I "realized" that I could simply plug a USB card reader into the Tablet and update the library... Simple solution that I should have known to do.

Thanks to these forums I got re-educated.

Chief

Status
Not open for further replies.