PSR-800 Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgmaley

Afternoon from Iowa.
I hadn't used my PS-800 for some time. Retired after working in communications for 31 years.
Hooked the scanner up to my computer, brought up its software and hit the check for updates button, not expecting to see much. Came back saying updates available for windows software, cpu update, and database update. WOW. Must be one hell of a radio to warrant this level of support after the company has been gone this long.
Don S must still have his hand in it. Well done Don.
Had a problem updating the cpu until this dummy hit the help key and READ THE INSTRUCTIONS.
Only issue is the local P25 system has multiple towers near me that all put out the same data. Radio can't separate them out and audio gets jumbled. Have RF bouncing all over the place.
Dave..

marksmith

It's called simulcast distortion. Use a lousier antenna or attenuation to try and get down to one tower. You may need to go to a directional antenna.

So far, all the updates to the ws1080 and rs668 (same family) have been upgraded to the psr800. The firmware is not the same in each, but the fixes have been made to date.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

dgmaley

A five element yagi with a 10db pad didn't help much. There's just too much RF bouncing around. Best setup has been a 19" mobile whip on top of an equipment rack, with a 3db pad. I decode around half of the audio. Just depends which transmitter the system selects.
Dave..

IowaGuy1603

Afternoon from Iowa.
I hadn't used my PS-800 for some time. Retired after working in communications for 31 years.
Hooked the scanner up to my computer, brought up its software and hit the check for updates button, not expecting to see much. Came back saying updates available for windows software, cpu update, and database update. WOW. Must be one hell of a radio to warrant this level of support after the company has been gone this long.
Don S must still have his hand in it. Well done Don.
Had a problem updating the cpu until this dummy hit the help key and READ THE INSTRUCTIONS.
Only issue is the local P25 system has multiple towers near me that all put out the same data. Radio can't separate them out and audio gets jumbled. Have RF bouncing all over the place.
Dave..

GRE put out a CPU update just before they tanked------and yes the weekly updates were continued by Whistler (via Don S) once the contract expired.

Marion is really not a good environment for the Linn Co P25 for our scanners. I have no trouble (mobile) until I get about 2 miles east of Marion on either 151 or County Home..............and about 4 miles out on Secrist then my capture rate goes down.

I get into CR and have basically no trouble with capture rate.

Most likely you are too close to the Blairsferry tower.............try shielding your antenna from that tower and hope the Central city tower will capture better

Status
Not open for further replies.