PSR-800: Driver for PSR800 on Window 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

6Paul21

Premium Subscriber
Just purchased a new lap top and can't get the drivers to install on the PSR800 with Windows 7. I have no problem with card readers but can't get the computer to recognize radio. No problems before. I also have the same problem with PRO 18 & PRO 668, but only need to get the 800 up and running.
Thanks Ed

marksmith

I found them as an attachment to a 5 year old post to a thread somewhere in the forums here.

I don't think you will find them online anywhere else. I didn't.

I changed computers and could not find my drivers a few years ago and that's how I recovered so I could do firmware upgrades.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

N1BHH

If you are using a cable that uses Prolific drivers, search online for 3.2.0.0 pl-2303 drivers as they are the only ones that work with Windows 7 and above. Do not update beyond that version, make sure to install and don't update at any time, always revert to 3.2.0.0. Remember that's ONLY if your cable uses Prolific drivers, no others will work.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Psr 800

If you have a driver installed, make sure you uninstall it and restart the computer before attempting to use another driver. To uninstall, you will probably need to have the scanner connected for the driver to show up in the Device Manager. Disconnect the scanner before rebooting and installing the replacement driver. I have also found a couple of incidences where a USB 3 port will not work even though it is supposed to be backwards compatible.

6Paul21

Premium Subscriber
Thanks all for your help. This is how I did do it. Turned computer off and hooked up the radio while off. Turned on computer and turned off fire wall and it did install for all radios.
Ed

SCPD

QRT
The driver is in this thread below .. post 13. Oh and the whole Prolific thing is a non issue here (that is a Uniden thing) .. as the PSR800 and many other GRE / Whistler scanners just use a very standard USB cable which you can buy at any computer store. No special cable needed.

The only reason we need the driver here is cause .. we are really telling the computer to use the standard Windows USB driver to communicate.

http://forums.radioreference.com/gre-scanners/315172-psr-800-windows-10-a.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.