PSR-800: cpu firmware updates for psr-800

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerrycaya

Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone, have no problem updating the weekly updates to library using scanner
connected to computer plus using sd readers attached to front of computer to update
my extra backup 8gb and 32gb cards. where I need advice is updating the firmware
to 2.0 (now have 1.8). It comes back with message update failed ....
It seems when I first started updating firmware I had to hold the power button and the
menu button at same time to put it into firmware update mode. I am using the normal
ezscan software that I always use for library updates. I hit the update firmware button
that's when it comes back with unable to find scanner in update mode ??? this is right
after I just updated the libraries >>>>>>

do I need to hold the power and menu buttons to put it in firmware update mode or
is there something else I'm not doing to get it in update mode ????

gerrycaya

Premium Subscriber
thanks troymail, I got it to enter update mode by doing what you said
it did the download ok but it still doesn't recognize the scanner once the download
is done, install failed . I'm using windows 7 but made sure I had latest drivers by using my Driver restore
software so I know the drivers are up to date and as I said it does the library updates with
no problem. I'll keep plugging away and see what happens , may try from time to time .
scanner is working perfectly picking up phase 11 scan frequencies fire, police here in
Philadelphia, Pa... thanks for your excellent advise and help .....

dgmaley

Don't feel bad. This dummy had the same issues. Best suggestion I can give you is when you get to the screen, on your computer, to start the cpu update, hit the help button. Carefully follow the instructions. Worked for me.
Dave...

SYZ1165

Premium Subscriber
CPU firmware update

Hi, I hope this forum still active . I have a PSR – 800 scanner and have been trying to update the CPU and it says it does not recognize the scanner I think I can update the library but I cannot update the CPU can anyone help ?

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Has it been hacked? What operating system on the computer? Have you tried a NEW usb cable?

SYZ1165

Premium Subscriber
Thanks wacky racer for your help. No to all of your questions, but I did find out from reading some other posts on this thread that the highest CPU update is 1.9 which I currently am running and also the DSP is at 1.3 which I am currently running so I don’t think I can go any further with this PSR 800 except for updating the library.

SYZ1165

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the help the posts from the forum I successfully updated the CPU to 2.0 the DSP is at 1.3 and the libraries at 554 now I need to do is find somewhere that I can get a screen replacement for the PSR 800 I have a problem viewing text at the bottom of the screen on the 800 it’s like it has bubbled up and covered up the bottom row, is there any place where I could send the PSR 804 screen replacement or repair ?

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the help the posts from the forum I successfully updated the CPU to 2.0 the DSP is at 1.3 and the libraries at 554 now I need to do is find somewhere that I can get a screen replacement for the PSR 800 I have a problem viewing text at the bottom of the screen on the 800 it’s like it has bubbled up and covered up the bottom row, is there any place where I could send the PSR 804 screen replacement or repair ?

Send it Whistler for the Legacy upgrade and repair, the cost of the upgrade is $59.99, the cost of flat rate repair is $120....they will do both for $120. This will make your scanner Whistler WS1080 with all current and future updates (currently at cpu 4.7 and dsp 3.1) well beyond where the abandoned the psr-800, plus the use of the the ws1080 version of ezscan.

SYZ1165

Premium Subscriber
Thank you very much for the information wackyracer I didn’t know that Whistler had that sort of program I will look into it after Christmas

LEH

Premium Subscriber
Send it Whistler for the Legacy upgrade and repair, the cost of the upgrade is $59.99, the cost of flat rate repair is $120....they will do both for $120. This will make your scanner Whistler WS1080 with all current and future updates (currently at cpu 4.7 and dsp 3.1) well beyond where the abandoned the psr-800, plus the use of the the ws1080 version of ezscan.

I just had my PSR-800 upgraded. $59.99 and it also includes adding the DMR capability (no NXDN only on the TRX-1).

I got it back on Saturday, so I am still working to see how effective things are. I live near Busch Gardens and their DMR is super active with Christmas Town going full blast. That is working fine. The phase II Newport News system is a bit dicey right now, but that may be my programming.

My 800 came back with CPU 4.8 and DSP 3.1 installed. When the scanner came back, it had a sheet of instructions to make sure things are working. FOLLOW THEM.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
The EZScan software can check your upgraded scanner and software to let you know what your current versions are and what updates are available.

Status
Not open for further replies.