Gre America

Status
Not open for further replies.

garyltucker

Gre America has gone out of business. The Whistler group has bought the rights for Gre scanners. Can you use Whistlers programming for updates for the Gre scanners? Having problems with Not picking up calls even with an outside scanner antenna hooked up. Does anyone repair scanner radios?

KevinC

Junior Radio Guru
Super Moderator
I moved this to the GRE forum since it isn't Wisconsin specific.

BeerNutz

Premium Subscriber
Look at the GRE owners hanging on to the last thread. Just move on.

WAIT... all of my GRE units work like new and my 4 1/2 year old, PSR-800 still has the original, rechargeable batteries. Guess I'm not going anywhere.

garyltucker

I have a GRE psr 800. My problem is I can receive locally digital and FM. I can receive Winnebago Co. Ill. but I can't receive Dane, Jefferson, Green Co.s in Wisconsin. All are about the same distance. Can I reformat my micro sd card and start out new. Has anyone had any problems with downloading the library. My computer shows that the program stops running. Then after a while it starts to download again. Is this normal? Could I have a bug? At one point in time I could receive all mentioned above. My radio shack scanners work better then the Gre.

DickH

...I can't receive Dane, Jefferson, Green Co.s in Wisconsin. ...

Are they on the WISCOM system? Those are in the VHF Hi Band range and you need to input Base and Offsets. Page 38 of the manual explains how. People in the Wisconsin Forum should be helpful.

SCPD

QRT
I have a GRE psr 800. My problem is I can receive locally digital and FM. I can receive Winnebago Co. Ill. but I can't receive Dane, Jefferson, Green Co.s in Wisconsin. All are about the same distance. Can I reformat my micro sd card and start out new. Has anyone had any problems with downloading the library. My computer shows that the program stops running. Then after a while it starts to download again. Is this normal? Could I have a bug? At one point in time I could receive all mentioned above. My radio shack scanners work better then the Gre.

Use an SD Card reader and not the USB connection.

garyltucker

I read page 38. It did not talk about anything on base and offsets. I do have a new question relating to Wisconsin, Watertown trunked. I saw in the frequency database that Watertown trunked FM went to a trunked digital. Are there going to be updates on this and will the psr 800 be able to pick up trunked digital system.

Status
Not open for further replies.