PSR500/PSR600: Audio stopped on PSR 600

Status
Not open for further replies.

cravitz888

Premium Subscriber
Turned scanner on and it scans but no audio, could my granddaughter have accidentally hit a button maybe?

Swipesy

I have had the issue several times with my PSR-500. A few things to try.

1. Any reception if you press weather button? If not try #2.
2. Do you have an external speaker that you can plug into the radio to see if you get sound? If not try #3.
3. If you use Software to program (WIN500, PSREdit, Butel) make sure you have a copy of your configuration in the software. Then do a Factory Reset on the radio (turn on radio and press 0, 5. Clears working memory and runs eeprom memory test). If that does not work try 4.
4. Smack the side of the radio case sharply (not kidding). This works on my 500. Apparently a card is not seated properly or something else is loose.

Hope this helps.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
4. Smack the side of the radio case sharply (not kidding). This works on my 500. Apparently a card is not seated properly or something else is loose.

Hope this helps.

I would start with this one. I would use it often, on my 500.

Sent via Tapatalk

jkahn

Very good looking Member
Premium Subscriber
I have had the issue several times with my PSR-500. A few things to try.

snip......... Then do a Factory Reset on the radio (turn on radio and press 0, 5. Clears working memory and runs eeprom memory test). If that does not work try 4...........snip

Is there a way to do this factory reset with the PSR-800??

greggk

Premium Subscriber
It scans but won't stop on any one place

I cannot diagnose the issue, but he says the scanner scans but does not stop in any one place. So I would think its not a sound issue but a programming problem.

If you can get the voice on the weather channel, then it is a software problem. Probably just one small thing that got turned on or off. If your granddaughter was playing with it that could very well be the cause.

If you use software to program the radio, try downloading the same set up that is on there now.

Swipesy

Is there a way to do this factory reset with the PSR-800??

You can use EZScan. On the General Settings Tab, in the middle bottom is a "Restore Factory Defaults" button. Then download the configuration to the SDCard. You can also access the reset from the radio's settings menu and select Default Values.

Status
Not open for further replies.