PSR 600

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOP2

I have friend that wants me to program his GRE600 scanner. He wants me to put just state wide systems. I haven't used a wild card before and was I wondering how to do this. I am using Butel's software. This I think would be a lot easier for me as I don't know where he might be traveling to in WVA and Tenn and North Carolina. I've broken down the VA by Divisions which is easy for me but these other large system I would think it would work better using a Wild Card.
Thanks for your help
Mike

Swipesy

One big issue you will have is the limitation of 1852 blocks (objects) that the scanner has. You can burn up the blocks quickly with large systems. I would use the Wildcard route and just save those hits that he finds interesting and then identify them for permanent use later.

TOP2

That's exactly what I was going to do. As I have not done the wild card option can you help me with the format with a generic wide card. I thought I had written down somewhere but can't find it. I'll be okay once I get the format down then I swap for each system I need by inserting the correct information.

Thanks
Mike

Swipesy

I don't use Butel ARC but as I recall you enter a asterisk (*) in the Talkgroup field. Here is what the Butel manual says.

Open or Closed Mode?
Open Mode: the scanner will stop on all active talkgroups. To use Open Mode program an '*' character as talkgroup. This is also referred to as a wildcard. ARC500 will by default always add a wildcard talkgroup when you add a new trunk system. Closed Mode: the scanner will only stop at talkgroups programmed in the Talkgroup grid and linked to the selected trunk system.

Status
Not open for further replies.