PSR-800: SD card problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
been having a lot of problems with my 800 recently, been giving me the error code 3-01, went and got another sd card, 8gb. Still doesn't work, 6th or 7th time trying to load my files. any suggestions on it?

marksmith

Download SDFORMATTER and format the SD card with that before you reload the data to it from ezscan.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
I've done that 4 times, used the "Prepare scanner for use" format option too. It seems it does this whenever I do a library update. Should I uncheck the Quick format option?

JackdAnderson

Premium Subscriber
Take the battery's out for about 5 minutes and unplug it. Then do the reformat and prepare scanner for use. Reload the card. That is what usually fixes it for me.

Swipesy

Peridically I have that issue with my 800. It happens when I remove the SDCard to my external card reader to update the card with EZScan. What I have found is that for some strange reason if I remove the SDCard from the radio (powered off) but leave the AC power applied, update the card and reinsert the card in the radio, the radio will not initialize. So now, I unplug AC power, remove one battery, update the card, reinsert it then put the battery back and AC power and no issue.

This week for the first time, I had to reformat the card to get it to work. Previously just removing power worked.

BTW you only have to remove power for a few seconds, not 5 minutes as suggested by another poster.

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
This scanner is powered with AC, with no batteries in it. Gonna try it just with SD Formatter first

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
going on the 5th time, I've used SD formatter then the Prepare card for use, then just SD formatter, Prepare SD card for use. I've used 2 different card readers. It's getting to be ridiculous that I have to do this **** this many times and it still doesn't work.

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
Done with it for tonight. It seems as if there's something in my one of my Vscanner folders that isn't allowing it to copy

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
Well, finally got the SD card issue fixed.I don't use batteries in it , just AC, now i can't get it to power on, it just stays on the time screen

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
Opened it up , and one of the black box looking things, snapped off from the solders, so now it's useless

Status
Not open for further replies.