PSR 600 Will Not Scan Trunked Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

wefr15

Feed Provider
My PSR 600 will not receive any of the trunked systems that are programmed into to it. I receives conventional frequencies ok. I used the same program (ARC 500 Pro) and data to program my PSR 500 and 2 Radio Shack Pro 197's which work fine. I have tried Factory reset and that has not helped.

My Versions Are:
uP Appl Ver: U2.1
DSP App Ver: U.14
DSP Voc Ver: F1,0

Has any one else sent their GRE scanner back to Whistler for repairs?

Thanks,

Bill
Cincinnati, OH

trp2525

My PSR 600 will not receive any of the trunked systems that are programmed into to it...

My Versions Are:
uP Appl Ver: U2.1
DSP App Ver: U.14
DSP Voc Ver: F1,0

Has any one else sent their GRE scanner back to Whistler for repairs?...

It probably won't make a difference but FYI there is a CPU firmware update version 2.3 available for the PSR-500 and PSR-600. See this RR thread for full information and download instructions: http://forums.radioreference.com/gre-scanners/314560-psr-500-600-firmware-2-3-a.html

From what others have been told by Whistler and have posted here on RR, Whistler will ONLY repair their own scanners. They WILL NOT repair Radio Shack branded scanners (even though the current models are made by Whistler) or GRE branded scanners (even though Whistler purchased all of the intellectual rights to those scanners a few years back).

ScannerSK

My PSR 600 will not receive any of the trunked systems that are programmed into to it. I receives conventional frequencies ok.

Has your PSR 600 ever worked with trunked systems? Did it just recently stop working?

If you "tune" to a digital control channel frequency does it appear to be decoding the signal on the PSR 600 screen?

Just curious...

wefr15

Feed Provider
Has your PSR 600 ever worked with trunked systems? Did it just recently stop working?

If you "tune" to a digital control channel frequency does it appear to be decoding the signal on the PSR 600 screen?

Just curious...

Was working but one day stopped trunk tracking !

No it is not decoding the trunked signals.

Status
Not open for further replies.