RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners, Receivers and Related Equipment Forums > GRE Scanners

GRE Scanners - A forum for the discussion of all GRE branded scanning radios and receivers. Whistler branded scanners belong in the Whistler forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-22-2017, 7:59 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Question PSR-410 Milair fuzz?

I have many scanners, all fed from my EDA-2800 8 port amp. My BCt-15X's are clear and no noise, my PSR-410 however always has squelch fuzz with the voice whenever a milair comm comes in? It's fine for other conventional freqs like 154-174 but Milair 220-400 always has fuzz? Anyone else have this problem or a fix for it? Maybe I'll try external speaker?
Sponsored links
Old 03-22-2017, 9:15 PM
Wiki Admin Emeritus
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Dumb question - what is 'squelch fuzz'? Are you talking along the lines of excessive hiss, noise, etc.?

If it's internally generated noise, like, say from an oscillator in the radio, the external speaker will only make it worse.

Mike
Old 03-22-2017, 9:33 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Trying a few things

It's noise along with voice. You are correct no joy with external speaker. I went ahead and heated up the bnc center to board wire, maybe that was the issue? Seems a little better now. Also bent the bnc contacts closer to the center. Still a little noise but better so I guess that's all I can do? Maybe try a new feeder coax tomorrow? It has a shield box over the board near the bnc connection, I might add some shielding there to see if that helps? I also thought to add a ferrite choke on the power cord.

Last edited by 737mech; 03-22-2017 at 9:46 PM..
Old 03-23-2017, 1:34 PM

AM is selected, right? Not sure if FM can be programmed on that one but I do remember awhile back that one of the older scanners had FM selected for the MilAir band instead of the required AM.