RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners, Receivers and Related Equipment Forums > GRE Scanners

GRE Scanners - A forum for the discussion of all GRE branded scanning radios and receivers. Whistler branded scanners belong in the Whistler forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-09-2017, 3:54 PM

Default PSR-800 Limit Search Delay Time

How do you set the amount of delay time for doing limit searches between 2 frequencies? When it stops on a frequency, I want it to stop longer than 2 seconds. Same thing with the Spectrum Sweeper. I want it to stay put longer when it finds something.
Old 04-09-2017, 4:09 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeboys-Scanna View Post
How do you set the amount of delay time for doing limit searches between 2 frequencies? When it stops on a frequency, I want it to stop longer than 2 seconds. Same thing with the Spectrum Sweeper. I want it to stay put longer when it finds something.
Press pause
Old 04-09-2017, 4:12 PM

Well sure, I could press the Pause || button, but I don't see a way to set the number of seconds for the delay.
Old 04-09-2017, 10:09 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

If your using the Whistler software with your PSR 800, there's a "Dwell" setting located beneath the "Trunked Radio Systems" TAB. The default setting is 0.8 and I have mine set at 2.0 seconds, but you can go as high as 25 seconds.

I took a look at the Grecom EZ scan and didn't see a "delay", but then I didn't look real close either.

Quote:
Old 04-09-2017, 11:47 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I just tried from the keyboard. Couldn't find it. I assume it has to be done from ezscan. I could swear you could change the delay time from the scanner itself. There has to be a way if I figure it out I will post it.
Uniden 536 HP Kenwood TS-2000 Comet 250-B Diamond D3000N
Sponsored links
Old 04-10-2017, 8:41 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Yes, it's showing and available in the Whistler EZ scan - it's the last column under the "Trunking Radio Systems" TAB. I could not find that same arrangement or listing within the Grecom EZ scan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC2OY View Post
I just tried from the keyboard. Couldn't find it. I assume it has to be done from ezscan. I could swear you could change the delay time from the scanner itself. There has to be a way if I figure it out I will post it.
Old 04-13-2017, 6:07 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I re-installed the Grecom Digital Interface to include the cpu etc. The only delay I can see available under "General Settings" over in the right-hand column and that's referring to Priority Settings and delay, which it appears the default there is 2.0 seconds.

Might be interesting to load up the Whistler EZ Scan and then dump your configuration etc. from the PSR 800 into the Whistler EZ Scan and then use that setting under the trunk area for delay you want and test the scanner to see if it applied.

ADDIT: I found your delay and most like what you saw in the past - if you pull up one (individual) scan list you will see "Dly" - it's the seventh column going from left to right. You can set the delay for each individual station you have in a particular scan list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC2OY View Post

Last edited by KS0USA; 04-13-2017 at 6:11 PM..
Old 04-14-2017, 6:31 PM

Yeah, I'm not seeing anything in the GRE software that lets you do this. And can't find anything in the radio menus. I thought "dwell" time refers to how long the scanner reads a control channel before moving on to another trunking system control channel if you're trunktracking multiple systems. I'm referring to conventionally searching a limit / range between 2 frequencies.
Old 04-14-2017, 8:09 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

This is using "GRECOM" EZ scan -

ADDIT: I found your delay and most likely what you saw in the past - if you pull up one (individual) scan list you will see "Dly" - it's the seventh column going from left to right. You can set the delay for each individual station you have in a particular scan list.

Quote:
Yeah, I'm not seeing anything in the GRE software that lets you do this. And can't find anything in the radio menus. I thought "dwell" time refers to how long the scanner reads a control channel before moving on to another trunking system control channel if you're trunktracking multiple systems. I'm referring to conventionally searching a limit / range between 2 frequencies.
Sponsored links
Old 04-14-2017, 8:18 PM

But that doesn't work for a limit search though, does it?
Old 04-17-2017, 9:48 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
But that doesn't work for a limit search though, does it?
If you are using a modified PSR-800, you have to use the Whistler version of EZ Scan anyway, but I think everyone is talking about P25 dwell time and Priority scan delay.

I do not think there is a variable delay for search scanning that I have been able to find. I do the same thing, set search limits and then scan to find new activity. Unfortunately the PSR800 is not the best radio suited for that.

I use one of my Unidens (Extreme software versions) to search scan and log, then dump to the computer.

JK